Wrought Iron Stands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobtrop

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone out there use wroght iron stands for their tanks? I use one for my 29 gallon tank and it has a spot on the bottom shelf for another tank. It looks like another 29 gal. tank would fit, but it might be a bit tight. Am I better off putting something smaller down there, like a 20? I do have a piece of plywood on the bottom shelf. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks.

Only put a tank down there if it is designed for two tanks. I was looking for a stand like that and no where did it say it could hold two tanks. I asked the salesperson and with a little push of their arm, the shelf broke!

Menagerie said:
Only put a tank down there if it is designed for two tanks. I was looking for a stand like that and no where did it say it could hold two tanks. I asked the salesperson and with a little push of their arm, the shelf broke!

Yikes.. I have two wrought iron stands being used right now.. Never had a problem with them.. How would I know if they're designed for two tanks?

ya'll may have just saved me from a big mistake, just in case, i think ill measure and cut some reinforcements for the lower tank

I had a stand like that.
It was MADE for a 55 on top and two tens on the bottom.

I had a 55 on top and a 29 on the bottom for about a year with no problems.

Mine didn't come in a box.. one was part of a set up.. had kept two tanks on it, am currently keeping two tanks on it.. the other I bought from a LFS and after gingerly testing the bottom have decided that if I do put another aquarium there, there will CERTAINLY be extra supports..

Back
Top Bottom