xp1 media?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molly luver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i purchased the xp3 a few months ago and its a great filter keeps my tank so clean and there so much room for the media

i purchased a smaller tank and bought the xp1 but can seem to fit all the media i want in it the ceramic rings or bio stars just wont fit ny ideas y???

what do you mean they won't fit? the baskets are the same between the XP3 and the XP1, the only difference is the XP1 only has 1 basket where the XP3 has 3.

i no the baskets are the same but in the xp3 theres a whole seperate basket for the ceramicrings and bio stars so theres no truoble with them fitting

in my xp1 in this order i tryed to fit 2 sponges the bio stars and ceramic rings the bio zorb then the floss exactly the same as the pik

Oh, now I understand what you're saying.

I think you have it pretty much right. There's no point in running biostars and ceramic rings, they both accomplish the same thing. I agree, there's not much room in the XP1s, as I'm running 1 myself.

Also, there's no real need to run the biochem zorb, unless you have a specific need for that type of filtering, such as trying to take meds out of a tank or something. I don't run that in any of my tanks. Sponges, bio-media, and floss is all you need for normal filtering.

Use the ceramic rings. Do not use the bio zorb stuff. Don't use the fine filtration pad (white) unless you feel you need to.

Back
Top Bottom