Yabbies and guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obedey

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive got some yabbies in a tank with some guppies and goldfish. The goldfish keep getting attacked and act really stressed so im going to move them out, but the guppies don't seem to care about the yabbies. Also i feed the yabbies chicken pellets and they swell up in the water. When the yabbies eat them little bits go flying everywhere and the guppies catch them. So does anyone think its a bad idea leaving the guppies in with the yabbies???

Your yabbies will catch any guppys that sleep on the bottom of the tank. You will gradually have losses. Up to you if you want that scenario.

well i still haven't taken the guppies out but this morning while a yabby was molting anothe one killed it and started to eat it. I think he killed the other one because I have 2 males and a female, he might have been fighting for territory. Stupid pet shop :roll: i asked them for 2 females and 1 male.

bad idea
yes
pm if u want to know how to sex them
and chook pellets r fine for guppies
if u grab marron pellets, they sink to th bottom

Just had to make it 4... :p

I have baby yabbies in my comunity tank ... so far no problems but they will be moved to there own tank when they get a bit bigger.

Funny watching my clown loach evict the yabbies from there holes then sleep in them.

yeh thers rnt many of us here. hey du marron pellets swell up heaps?? chicken pellets r heaps messy if u try and pick em up little bits of crap go evrywer. R marron pellets any beta??? wtf ?? a yabby wid no legs??

they do, after a while, but they stick together
1 pellet per yabbie per day is more then enough
i found on that ratio, that they didn't have time to swell

yeh chicken pellets r pretty much the same but prolly the first time i fed them i put to much in. Also while the yabbies eat them they throw crap everywer but i spose they'll find the little bits and eat em after

Back
Top Bottom