Yay! Wood Shrimp!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I now have a wood shrimp. He's about 2 inchs long and is really cool. He stays out more than my two vampires, but he's really hard to see cause of his camouflage. The only thing that gives him away is the orangish-white stripe down his back. He's really cool.

Yay! so are you suggesting that we should get some? lol j/k. Can you post any pics of this critter? Btw, where did you get him at a lfs or online?

-Stewie

Google searching and google images found this :

Atyopsis_moluccensis_Faechergarnele_03-01-30.jpg

Apparently,
"Wood shrimp are Atyopsis species such as Atyopsis moluccensis and may also be called Singapore shrimp or bamboo shrimp"

( http://www.aquatic-store.com/en-us/dept_307.html )

Gotta love google. =]

oo, pretty. Alright. I want a few of those and some vampires. Where can I get them for cheap? :mrgreen: I'm not cheap, just...thrifty. Yeah. That's the ticket.

I bought my wood shrimp and vampires at my lfs. The owner has recently (in the past month or so) started ordering different shrimps and other things so I picked up some for my tank. I got the 2 vampires for $15 each and the wood shrimp was also $15, but the owner gave me $3 off.

For other people that have wood shrimp- I noticed something wierd. My shrimp rarely ever moves when the lights are on, but he moves all around the tank when the lights are off and every day so far when I get up before I turn on the lights in the tank the wood shrimp is on a plant right under the surface of the water (close enough that I can poke him). Anyone else seen this?

I'm going to get a 50 gallon tank in about a month and a half from my neighbor. It's a really good deal the tank, filter, stand, and other stuff for $140, but I don't have to pay him. I just have to do his lawn a couple times (5 more) for $25 each and I get the tank (I usually do my lawn and his in the same day for free). I think it's a good deal.

Lance M. said:
I bought my wood shrimp and vampires at my lfs. The owner has recently (in the past month or so) started ordering different shrimps and other things so I picked up some for my tank. I got the 2 vampires for $15 each and the wood shrimp was also $15, but the owner gave me $3 off.

For other people that have wood shrimp- I noticed something wierd. My shrimp rarely ever moves when the lights are on, but he moves all around the tank when the lights are off and every day so far when I get up before I turn on the lights in the tank the wood shrimp is on a plant right under the surface of the water (close enough that I can poke him). Anyone else seen this?

I'm going to get a 50 gallon tank in about a month and a half from my neighbor. It's a really good deal the tank, filter, stand, and other stuff for $140, but I don't have to pay him. I just have to do his lawn a couple times (5 more) for $25 each and I get the tank (I usually do my lawn and his in the same day for free). I think it's a good deal.

Wood shrimp tend to position themselves in such a way as to face the brunt of outgoing filter current.

Back
Top Bottom