Yellow Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottyhorse

Aquarium Advice Addict
Felt like sharing my yellow male veil tail with you guys. He's in a seven gal planted with two Amano shrimp. Going to add some small schoolers soon. It will be interesting, he is a grump. He has an interesting story, I've had him for, oh, one and a half months? I'd have to look. Couldn't get him to eat. Not bloodworms, brine shrimp, pellets, flakes, etc. Finally got him to eat some peas. Ok, that's a start. So I fasted him again, wouldn't eat. Ugh. Not even good soaked in garlic! Decided to treat him with API General Cure, and fasted him again. At this point I'm starting to worry that he will starve! So, I give him a pellet. He eats it! Woohoo! I was so happy. I have been giving him three pellets 2x a day. He's gotten more active. He's got a cute personality. Anyways, wanted to share :)
(Last two pics are from when I got him, the rest are all from a few days ago. He still looks thin :/ )

Attachments

• image-2741900607.jpg
    image-2741900607.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2081392242.jpg
    image-2081392242.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1255646340.jpg
    image-1255646340.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2719354857.jpg
    image-2719354857.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2448919214.jpg
    image-2448919214.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 86
He is gorgeous. I have three bettas and none of mine were picky eaters. I have one that even snatches up bits of who knows what from the bottom of the aquarium and "tastes" it. Normally it get's spit back out. Strange betta. Hope your's continues to do well.

He is gorgeous. I have three bettas and none of mine were picky eaters. I have one that even snatches up bits of who knows what from the bottom of the aquarium and "tastes" it. Normally it get's spit back out. Strange betta. Hope your's continues to do well.

The only time I had one that was a picky eater was when it was a small male and he needed the pellets to be crushed up for him. I hope this guy does well too. I think he had internal parasites, which is why I treated him with te API general cure. I just chalked it up to being picky, because he didn't have the white/clear poop they usually do with internal parasites. But he wasn't eating, which would cause the no poop thing!! I'm just glad he's better :) I was lucky to find him at Petco, and he costed all of three dollars :lol:

That is an absolutely beautiful fish! I love his colour and the shape of his fins. Almost makes me want to keep bettas again, but the boyfriend probably wouldn't be too thrilled if I told him I wanted another tank, haha.

I hope he continues to do well! It's sweet of you to have nursed him like you have.

The only time I had one that was a picky eater was when it was a small male and he needed the pellets to be crushed up for him. I hope this guy does well too. I think he had internal parasites, which is why I treated him with te API general cure. I just chalked it up to being picky, because he didn't have the white/clear poop they usually do with internal parasites. But he wasn't eating, which would cause the no poop thing!! I'm just glad he's better :) I was lucky to find him at Petco, and he costed all of three dollars :lol:
Petco!? $3!? That was a lucky find. Great job with him. I am fairly new to bettas and probably would have had no idea that I needed to medicate. Since we are talking medication what is safe to use with shrimp and snails in the tank? Any idea? I've been worried about needing meds for the bettas since I added the snails and the shrimp are still trial and error....

Wow. He is very beautiful! Is he a veiltail?
I've been looking for a yellow one for quite some time locally, no luck. Nice find :)

Very cool! You can train them to take pellets off your finger! I had one that would breach for pellets!

My crowntail betta is picky. He won't eat blood worms. As for pellets he spits them out a couple of times before finally deciding they are soft enough to eat.
Your betta is very pretty and I'm glad he's OK.

That is an absolutely beautiful fish! I love his colour and the shape of his fins. Almost makes me want to keep bettas again, but the boyfriend probably wouldn't be too thrilled if I told him I wanted another tank, haha.

I hope he continues to do well! It's sweet of you to have nursed him like you have.

Thank you! Generally I like the fancier fins, but he was just too pretty to leave!

Definitely get another tank ;)

Petco!? $3!? That was a lucky find. Great job with him. I am fairly new to bettas and probably would have had no idea that I needed to medicate. Since we are talking medication what is safe to use with shrimp and snails in the tank? Any idea? I've been worried about needing meds for the bettas since I added the snails and the shrimp are still trial and error....

Yep! The veiltails are cheap. I'm lucky to have found him :)

I know for a fact that the API General Cure is safe with shrimp and snails. It's good for parasites, etc. Things like ich can be treated with heat. Wounds generally clean water will do the trick. Copper based meds will kill them, but if you need to use them, you can move the snails/shrimp out of the tank for a while.

Back
Top Bottom