Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-31-2005, 10:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr funktastic
golden algea eaters!! thats the answer. they are a bright yellow and it says that they only get up to one inch. it also says minimum tank size is 30 gallon but u should be ok. i have a link u can check out to see if u like them

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...cfm?pCatId=938
yea, i like those a lot. very yellow... unfortunately for me i dont know when i will be able to upgrade. i will definitely keep them in mind though.

is it ok for the rest of my fish to add 2 teaspoons of salt if i did get a molly? i have 2 cories, 1 male betta, 2 female betta, 2 apple snails.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:06 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
Mollys do not need salt. They are all tank raised, dont worry about what it says in the books or on line. They will be fine without any salt.

Old 08-31-2005, 10:21 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

The 130 for the 10 gallon would be including tank, stand, light bulbs, filter, rocks, food, fish, decorations, heater, thermometer, replacement filters, all kinds of things. I bought like 4 mollies and a couple cories I believe that day, so that was something between 10 and 15 right there.

Also, something I remember reading about, if your fish start to get sick or ich or anything, adding salt or removing salt (basically changing the ammount) can help fight it. I'm not sure if this is true or not, I've never had any problems (thankfully). So, if you do add some salt for the mollies, add a little less than the fish can stand so you can add a little more if there is a problem. Again though, my mollies have thrived on between no salt and 2 tablespoons per 5 gallons. My snails and cories did just fine on 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Some people find corys to be salt tolerant to an extent but I personally would avoid using salt in any tank that has catfish.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com