Yellow Lab Has Eggs In Her Mouth, Now What

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbirath001

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just need a heads up on what to expect now. I saw them "doing it" lol earlier today and now her mouth is full. The male disappeared for a while after they were done. I think he was exhausted lol. The female is now hiding on the side of the tank. She would always eat with no problem and I put some food in there and she swam up to the food and stared at it then swam back to the corner. Any thoughts\suggestions??? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• image-3152015547.jpg
    image-3152015547.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1886234886.jpg
    image-1886234886.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 63
I have no advice for you but congratulations :) I've been trying to get my cichlids to spawn and it isn't working.... what's your secret?

The eggs should hatch and develop in a few weeks. She should spit in about 18-21 days. Mine never spit so I have to strip them.

I have no advice for you but congratulations :) I've been trying to get my cichlids to spawn and it isn't working.... what's your secret?

I don't have any secrets really lol

I only have one male and one female lab and they hooked up. I had about 30 jewel cichlid fry but they got eatn by other fish. They are not mouth breeders.

If she doesn't spit when she's supposed to. If they use up their yolk sacs and mama won't let them out to eat, they could die in her mouth. I've had this happen twice.
Hmmm. She is hiding and like lethargic. Is that normal?

Back
Top Bottom