Yellow spots in fake plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Heather1443

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I cycled my aquarium and everything and have now had fish in it for about a week and a half. This morning I wake up and see yellow spots on one of my fake plant. Not sure if its eggs or something dangerous to my fish! My have guppies, which I know give live birth, but I also have snails, neon tetras and one male betta.

I'm new to keeping a tank so I get worried about everything!
Can someone explain what it is and what (if anything) I should do about it?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 71
I cycled my aquarium and everything and have now had fish in it for about a week and a half. This morning I wake up and see yellow spots on one of my fake plant. Not sure if its eggs or something dangerous to my fish! My have guppies, which I know give live birth, but I also have snails, neon tetras and one male betta.

I'm new to keeping a tank so I get worried about everything!
Can someone explain what it is and what (if anything) I should do about it?!

Have you taken the plant out and felt it i don't think they are eggs they appear to be something on the actual decoration itself. It maybe just a color on it that you didn't notice until it was in water. Or i know with my fabric plants when the color fades they turn yellow and on some plastic decorations sometimes my plecos will scrape the paint off the surface revealing the color of the plastic. And you said you have snails so it could possibly be snails eating the paint. Hmm well for that matter it could possibly be snail eggs depending on what type you have. Not really sure what snail eggs look like though.

Could it be bubbles?

Or maybe the paint is bubbling off? I've had decorations do that before.

Back
Top Bottom