Yellow water.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joey17

Aquarium Advice Freak
When i do water change i notice my water is yellow. Why is that!? It looks wierd. Any way to get it regular looking again? I'm using an Elite stingray filter.

If you have driftwood in it you can either boil the wood or add some activated carbon to your filter to get the coloration out.

Nevertheless, the coloration are just tannins, which some fishes even like (blackwater), some aquarists add it to their tanks, it will make your water slightly more acidic, and no harm is done by it.

No driftwood in the tank. I thought the water was supposed to look normal with no tint.

Nope. I noticed it because when i do a water change, the water is put into a white bucket.

No no, when i put the tank water in the bucket it's yellow, but out of the tap it's clear.

It's a 30 gallon, and in it are 2 bumble bee gobies, 1 dragon goby and a weather loach. I have a sand bottom and i do a water change once a week about 25%.

Do you test your parameters? With what you said, all sounds normal. When doing water changes into a white bucket, it will be a little discolored. That's normal. And with your regular PWC's, nothing to worry about. Sounds like you are doing a good job, and nice fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom