Yes, im getting a 29 gallon!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would get striped kuhlis, bit my petsmart only has black

I have solid Khulis and they are a blast. I always see them except when they're sleeping (usually they nap under a rock but sometimes I catch them snoozing in silly ways, draped on decor or tangled in plants). They're so playful, I LOVE them! I don't think the colours matter with personality. Unless I just lucked out and got some badarse Khulis.

No. Ur pretty dang stocked right now. For my 30 gallon I'm only doing
5 rosy barbs
1 angelfish
2 German blue rams
5 cories.

But I also like my tanks very simple and not too busy.

I agree, my 30 gal:

1 guppy (left over)
5 red eyed tetras
Soon to have 2 GBRs
1bristlenose pleco
4 corys

Pics of my future fish!

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm a newbie, but arnt you not suppose to mix the cichlids with those fish (gouramis)? Especially in that small a tank.

If it were me I would get rid of the neons (as you already have Khulis and cories near bottom. Plus they're nippy and you want a pretty flowy gourami). I would just do dwarf gourami as a center piece or if you get honeys or sparkling you can get a good trio going (anyone correct me if I'm wrong!). Then you have your school of hachets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm a newbie, but arnt you not suppose to mix the cichlids with those fish (gouramis)? Especially in that small a tank.

If it were me I would get rid of the neons (as you already have Khulis and cories near bottom. Plus they're nippy and you want a pretty flowy gourami). I would just do dwarf gourami as a center piece or if you get honeys or sparkling you can get a good trio going (anyone correct me if I'm wrong!). Then you have your school of hachets.

Dwarf cichlids are usually fine... Neons are everywhere swimmers and they tend to keep to themselves.

The way I see it, if you like your tank looking super busy go with that. If you like your tank more simple get rid of some fish.

Back
Top Bottom