Yes... some more African brown knife fish questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
Before I begin, I would like to say that the tank that the ABK would go in may or may not be able to be set up, so if you reply to this thread, you are doing it out of kindness, as your advice may not be able to be used :( . I will do what I can to get it set up, but dads are so unpredictable lol. Thank you all in advance!

Hey guys! Very few of my recent threads have not been in the Classifieds forum, but this one (obviously) isn't. I'm planning (More like hoping and dreaming) to set up my bro's 50 gallon acrylic tank that houses nothing anymore (Long story short, he was an idiot and got two oscars the day he set up his fish tank, then was stupid with them, no research, and they both died in a month) to get a new, more exotic fish, now that I know some of the ropes of this hobby. My eye still caught the fabulous African brown knife fish, and decided to see if I could keep it. I am planning on planting the tank, dunno what plants yet, but there is nearly endless possibilities for it. If you want to be really nice, you could throw in some ideas for that too.

Now, onto the question. What tankmates are good with the African brown knife? Now, I am asking about YOUR KNOWN FACTS. Not what you can look up. What did YOU keep YOUR ABK with?

I may have some other questions as they come up. Thanks all!

The best tank mate would be another knife fish. Some african cichlids might be another good option.

I love the African brown knife and have a closely knit group of 4 in a 150. They are getting along great and live peacefully with my kissing gourami, a full grown albino cory, a 9" pleco, and a small pictus cat. Some have criticized my stocking but ATM it is working. I have a close relationship with my lfs and will give them to the store if I see any aggression.

Back
Top Bottom