Yet another 55 gallon stocking idea thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can breed them. The only problem i have with these is that i are delicate fish. They also are quite expensive. If u have a lot of time on your hands i think a pair would be beautiful. Remember they can be very aggressive.

Yeah thats pretty expensive. Because i bet they where like 2 to 3 inches right? Most EBJDs Do not make it and are very delicate until about 5 or 6 inches

I suggest reading up on EBJD breeding as it can be a bit more complicated than other similar cichlids. You'll definitely want a couple of extra tanks for growout also if you do decide to try it.

jetajockey said:
I suggest reading up on EBJD breeding as it can be a bit more complicated than other similar cichlids. You'll definitely want a couple of extra tanks for growout also if you do decide to try it.

+1^^^^^^^^^

Yeah dont waste your money. Although they look cool they will most likely die at that size. Its better to buy larger EBJDs IMO because they are obviously the strongest that survived.

My lfs has some jd's. I was interest yesterday to buy some food. They might would ship. Let me talk to him and see:)

I have a rainbow shark in with my africans, he does quite well, cichlids don't pay any attention to him and he is suppose to get about 7"

hcourts said:
Sorry! My lfs has those fish. They might ship them is what I meant. They are nice looking too.

Yeah wish mine had them, let me know what they say
And yeah I can't decide on the pictus or rainbow :-/

If they can ship them ask if they can get some about 4 inches. Thats as small as i would buy. Goodluck with the EBJDs if you get them!

Back
Top Bottom