Yet another sand question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andos99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to be switching to pool filter sand fairly soon....possibly today and I had a quick question about plants. Will they do fine if they are just planted in the sand itself? I'm assuming it shouldn't be a problem since they are planted in just a cheap gravel from petco now.

If any of you have any suggestions or experience raising plants in PFS that would be awesome. Thanks everyone.

It's no problem to grow plants in a sand bottom, but it may be hard to keep them stuck in the sand. I've heard people who tie up their plant roots to small rocks which they put underneath the sand base. But you can try without that first. After a while there should be a root base that will hold the plants down.

HTH

Ok.....two hours later, old rock out, new sand is in. I have all off my fish in a 5 gal bucket of old water from my aquarium. The tank is super cloudy right now.....anyone know how long this will take to clear up?? Will my fish be ok if I add them in?

I'm sad to say, through this whole ordeal I lost one of my Goyder Rainbow fish. He managed to jump out of the bucket sometime during my project today and I didn't find him until he was long gone......very sad :roll:

It depends on how well you washed the sand on how long the water will stay cloudy. Pool filter sand is very dusty and takes a lot of rinsing to get it all out.

Back
Top Bottom