Yo-Yo Loach Burrowing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kemosabe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think I've noticed more particulate in my tank since I added my yo-yo loach. But I've also noticed less junk (particulate) in the gravel when I siphon for water changes. Could it be that since the yo-yo spends a lot of time "burrowing" searching for food and stirs up a lot of particulate that that is why more particulate in the water and the filter is filtering out more (so less left in gravel)? Just wondering:-D

I really enjoy the loach (I added him last). Wish I had gotten him sooner. He's the most active and entertaining of the bunch. I'm going to move my 2 giant danios to a 28 gal tank (I'll add other fish later). Should I move yo-yo or leave in current tank? Maybe get a larger loach for larger tank?

May consider getting a few of these little guys for my 55 if they're that good at stirring up stuff! Are they better at scavenging through gravel than cories? I have pandas, false juliis, and peppers. Also, thought I'd read that they do better in groups, true?

I don't know alot about loaches. Just kind of picked yo-yo by talking to the girl at the aquarium store. My goal was to have it eat snails:) Asked at PetSmart tonight and they didn't have much info about yo-yo either. So, I'm not much help here. I guess ask an expert (maybe someone on AA can help).

Just went with what the girl at the store told me. I can't say I've seen yo-yo sucking on a snail:) However, when my big blue snail died, the population seemed to decrease (slow down). Still have old yeller. They seemed to be quite productive:)

the yoyo will go to town on snails. he is one of my favorites in the tank and one of the oldest. I got him to clean out a snail infestation (100s) I kept a separate snail tank just to feed him, he did such a great job. we call him the dog, as he likes to root around and sniff everything.

I really enjoy the loach (I added him last). Wish I had gotten him sooner. He's the most active and entertaining of the bunch. I'm going to move my 2 giant danios to a 28 gal tank (I'll add other fish later). Should I move yo-yo or leave in current tank? Maybe get a larger loach for larger tank?

I got 2 and I LOVE them. King of my tanks easily. they easily out do the DG's and the clown loach. I have to put 2 frozen blocks of food in, because he shoots straights up and drags it down to the corner and munches on it.

I must be one of the only people on here who wants to encourage snails! My eastern painted loves them & it's one of the few treats that can't out swim her :p Unfortunately my rams seem to love them too. How would loaches do with cories?

Back
Top Bottom