you advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa and steve

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello :) i have had a 10 gallon tank for 1 year, i am about to upgrade to a 20 gallon as of july the 11th, i have squeezed the old filter into the new tank, i have added the aqua plus and have added the cycle,i have moved most of the decoration and a few live plants to the new tank, i have added most of the old water from the 10 gallon with tap water, i have had advice from 2 fish stores all saying that it is ok to add the fish to the new tank. but ......... my husband does not believe them, and insist that the tank still needs to cycle l and is going to wait a week or two to add the fish to the new tank , am i missing something ??? is he right ?? all that being said,,, he had a bad experience when starting the 10 gallon last year and he lost a lot of fish from bad advice :( help please :)

Just take the entire filter from the ten gallon and run it on the 20 along with the filter for the 20. If the filter is proprietary, then just float the sponge from the 10 in the 20 and you won't have a mini cycle.

After a week or two you can remove the extra filter/sponge and the tank should be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just put the fish that are in the 10 into the 20 along with the filter. That will basically transfer all your bacteria over. After that's done wait at least a week tracking ammonia and nitrite to make sure they aren't spiking then you can add a few fish after that.

Back
Top Bottom