You know you have a relationship or too much time when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
:lol: I find this funny and sad(for me and my fish anyways), take a look:

1. Your fish will come right in front of you when you call their names (Not all the fish, just the one you called)

2. When they're sick... you can put your hand in the water and they'll just rest on you

3. You can get your fish to hold positions for you so you can check them over and get them to switch directions and hold them.

4. You trained your fish to do tricks and they'll do them anytime and anywhere and will only do it mainly for you

5. You have a litter of babies, dump them somewhere for months, get one back and they can still do all the tricks they did before and will give you fish kisses still even when you don't ever have them do it since they were a month old

6. You start yelling at your fish for doing something and they KNOW they're in trouble and cut it out right away

7. You mention anything about food and all the fish start freaking out and are up against the glass

8. You can stick your arm in the tank to do something and it doesn't disturb anyone

9. You show everyone the cool things your fish can do and they'll be happy to perform

10. You eat your food and they automatically think that it's theirs too just because you share with them sometimes >__> (i.e. Veggies)

hmm maybe i do have a problem...

*tears off part of burger and hand feeds black ghost knife

I dont know about all that but my 10 Tiger Barbs = follow me around back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. It's pretty funny!

not actual tricks but like i can get my BGK and african clawed frog to eat out of my hand

oscars (supposibly ive never had one) become very hand tame

and i did hear dojo loaches can learn things

My betta will swim around in a circle when I tap the hood on his tank...he would always spin when I would feed him...so I started tapping each time...now he will do it on command. Its sort of a plain trick but I love my betta!

1- but i think its just a coscience. lol
3-not technically but i can usually get them to do what i want. by playing with them or doing something
7- this is so true. lol or they just really like me and dont want me leaving
8-no they love me. :)
9- i show off my fish. the minute i stick my finger in the tank and move it around they are all fighting for pets. and other poeple try it and they just stick up there noses. lol.
Theres a couple fish who kiss my hand if i sit it in there slowly and be good.
i love my fishys

I taught my first goldfish, Depot, to jump an inch out of water to get food from my hand, but that's a simple trick most fish will do if they like food.

If I point in any direction to my mollies they will swim in that direction til I tell them to go in another direction or to stop lol....it was SO hillarious when I had my 50bazillion baby mollies doing it at once it was so awesome xD

And the holding the position thing was started by female betta Sasha and only a few of my fish will actually do it...it's more of an acquired trick x3 The ones that will do it will actually sit there and hold the position when I put my hands up to the tank making an imaginary box around them and then if I point a direction they'll turn for me and I just have to make them hold again...it's very convienent when you're looking for cuts or wounds x.x lol ....everyone always gets food for doing their little tricks for me lol it's like training a puppy X3

If I point in any direction to my mollies they will swim in that direction til I tell them to go in another direction or to stop

Yes, that is what my Tiger Barbs do!!

Back
Top Bottom