Your favorite "fancy" small aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

threnjen

Aquarium Advice Addict
For all of my aquariums I just get the basic, simple rectangle tank and then equip it with the stuff that I like.

But I'd like to get a small 3-5g for our kitchen counter and so I want it to be a "display" type aquarium that is a little fancier looking. Maybe one of the type that has an integrated LED and filter. Mostly I just want it to be a fancy looking one that can still grow low-light plants

What is your favorite of this type? (I can look all of them up easily enough, looking for opinions)

Last edited:
How awesome would this be with three different types of shrimp? Even simple shrimp like neocaridinas - red, yellow, blue
Aqueon Betta Falls Aquarium Kit at PETCO

I wish it was a little bigger though, like 1 gallon per station.

You can't get a light for it, but I could put it in a window.

Last edited:
OK I am super enamored with the Betta Falls thing, but with shrimp. I could pretty easily lower the flow rate with my filter tinkering. But they are only .42 gallons per cube. Would a 4-5 shrimp per cube be happy in that with some low light plants, a bit of cholla wood and moss?
I have a perfect spot I could put this too, curved around with window access. It would get some algae but... eh.

Last edited:
Betta falls is too small for anything IMO. Spec and Chi are good choices. BiOrb Flow is another choice. There's a ton of small "flashy" type tanks available these days.

About 2 years ago i went to walmart, bought a giant margarita glass and decorated it for a betta haha

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Petco Brand 6.5 gal bowfront with some peacock gudgeons or like stated before shrimp or some thai micro crabs

Bed Bath and Beyond sells small tanks. Deep Blue Professional brand. I believe they have a 2.5 or 5 gallon rimless cube

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I told my hubs my plan and he was like "wtf do not buy another tank, you have PLENTY of tanks" :hide:

I'll wait a couple weeks and then it will just appear :whistle:

I told my hubs my plan and he was like "wtf do not buy another tank, you have PLENTY of tanks" :hide:

Lol my parents say the same till they come home one day and see a new one :D

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

This hobby is too addicting to not have at least 2 or 3 tanks! :D

Sent from my C6725 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha I remember the days of mysterious aquarium appearances

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Marineland Silhouette

I am using this tank to do a 3g pico reef tank with. The lights aren't the best, but they are functional. I am upgrading them with a DIY fixture.

1EZtGEm.jpg

0EAH9WX.jpg

Lol my parents say the same till they come home one day and see a new one :D

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Lol I do the same thing, I tell em it was free, or at least half the actual price :whistle:

I like my fluval edge, but it is a piece of work no doubt

Mebbid that tiny reef is gonna be great. I wonder if I can convince the hubs with salt water.

.... nah, I do not want to deal with that (plus I wouldn't start with a nano for SW)

I'm going to start watching CL and at least try to get a nice nano for cheaper. But I notice around here the small aquariums are always stupidly overpriced.

Mebbid that tiny reef is gonna be great. I wonder if I can convince the hubs with salt water.

.... nah, I do not want to deal with that (plus I wouldn't start with a nano for SW)

I'm going to start watching CL and at least try to get a nice nano for cheaper. But I notice around here the small aquariums are always stupidly overpriced.

The silhouette isn't too badly priced imho. It includes everything except for a heater.

For a nano tank, it wouldn't be too bad to just make your own.

The silhouette isn't too badly priced imho. It includes everything except for a heater.

For a nano tank, it wouldn't be too bad to just make your own.

With acrylic panels? That would probably be pretty easy.

Back
Top Bottom