Yoyo Loach!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J-Aqua

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,

I have 2 Electrc Blue JD's, 2 Yoyo Loaches, and one Sailfin Pleco. They're all fairly small nothing past 2in. except the pleco reaching at 6in. (had him about a yr now). They're in a 55gal tank now. My bigger Yoyo is extremely aggresive towards his other counter part (the other loach), to where he/she his taking over the ground feeding and the other loach can really feed much. Its even gotten to the point if one of the EBJD tries to feed of the ground they'll get chased for a couple seconds by the yoyo.

Most of the time he/she is chasing the other yoyo around, is this a mating thing or just establishing tank king/queen? Are yoyo's to agressive for a EBJD? Anything I can do to calm him/her down? I just don't want him to damage or stress out my EBJD's or I will be pissed :twisted: My EBJD are extremely timid with other fish, but are extremely friendly when I come up to the tank its awesome! :D

J

Add several more yoyo's, they're schooling fish. They will establish a pecking order, but no individual fish will suffer from too much aggression like having only 2.

Back
Top Bottom