Yoyo loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was wondering if i could keep 3 yoyo loaches in my 36 gallon tank the other fish in it are
3 cory cats
1 dwarf gourami
2 cherry barbs

You could, but it would be like keeping 3 tasmanian devils in a phone booth. They really should be kept in a larger tank. Yoyo's are active (some would say hyperactive) fish, a bit too much for the Cory cats and cherry barbs. The dwarf gourami is the only fish that isn't bottom-oriented, the rest will be competing for space and food.

yoyo loaches are active, and they do better in groups of 4 or more.
I wouldn't keep them with cories, since they will compete for food.

I had a few yoyos and they are quite aggressive. We have 4 polka dot loaches and they are excelent in our community we also have 4 julii corys (soon to be 6) which swim and play with them. But i dont recommend yoyos at all. If your tight for space look at dwarf or chain loaches which i believe are a lityle smaller.

Hey now!! I absolutely LOVE my yo- yo's would not have any kind of loach but those! They do great with my cories and they all play together and trust me my plump little cories aren't starved and hold their own with the loaches! But def IMO need at least 4-5 yo- yo's. I also have them in with neons,glofish rasboras and swordtails and I never see them act agressive to any of those! :)

Woah... Didnt mean to be puttin down your yoyos lol and im not the voice of experience. We got 2 yoyos by mistake to go with our polka dots. One of them settled in ok but the other one chased and nipped every fin that couldnt move fast enough. Didnt mean to slate the whole species.

Can back the comment about chains though one of the books i use says they can be more aggressive. Good point

Back
Top Bottom