Yoyo Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcgee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought three on friday from my LFS. They all seem to have their color back after the stressful move to my home. They all seem to be swimming around actively and eating at will. I noticed today though that one of them has a quite bloated stomach. It didn't seem that big yesterday but I was gone all day and had the moonlights running when i fed them at night and didn't look really closely at the fish. My question is, could this be a pregnant loach or could it be bloating?? If it is bloating I couldn't imagine how to regulate it's eating since i have to put some in there for the rest of my bottom feeders. Any ideas?? TIA

It wouldn't be that it is pregnant. More likely bloating. Keep an eye on him for a day or two, if he continues to seem bloated you may have to take him back to the lfs. He may have an illness right from the lfs.

Thanks.. I'll keep an eye on him.. They are swimming just fine so not too critical as of yet.

Ok.. so a little update (and a question). Seems that I figured out it is because they are just pigs and overeat. It goes away from day to day but then they overeat again and wahlah!! Fat again. So here is my Q. How am I supposed to feed my plecos and then have my yoyo's not eat it all and get fat like they do??? Any suggestions?? They eat anything in sight!!!
Thanks

My Pleco actually jumps right into the pile and fights for the food. Those YoYos are really active feeders though! Mine will even chase around an algae wafer until it is gone. I wonder if they would be less likely to feed on something held with a clip near the surface of the water? They do seem to wait until things fall to the bottom.

Hmm.. I'll have to give that a try.. Mine do come to the surface for the first bite of food when i put it in there but then yes they do generally wait to get what is floating down the water column. What a bunch of fat lazy fish.. haha

Mine is hyper. 8O I just bought mine yesterday and he stuck his head out of the water when he was in the bag at least ten times. This should be interesting.

He just ate a ton of blood worms. Oink.

Back
Top Bottom