yuck....some kind of thread like worms...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new2betas

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just smooshing snails in my established 10g when I saw 2, very tiny(1/4"-1/2"), threadlike worms swimming in the water....what the heck are they and where are they coming from? I don't do worms....gave me the creeps looking at them swimming around. I have NEVER seen these before in my tanks. What now? Water change? Don't worry about it? Where could they be coming from? eeeggghhh.....:confused:

After reading a little....I think they must be nematodes. So..I shouldn't worry right? I only saw two of them, but I am sure there are probably more I can't see. Hopefully my fish will eat them, as I don't like the looks of them....lol.

They are harmless, as you've probably discovered from your reading. Make sure not to overfeed. You could do a few extra water changes. Vacuum the gravel too to get out any pockets of uneated food. That could be what the nematodes are feasting on.

If you've added driftwood, plants, or even new fish recently, that could explain your outbreak.

Back
Top Bottom