Yum...Driftwood!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, rubber-lipped pleco. Good call.

How cool would it be to just eat like a part of your house whenever you got hungry, lol.

yeah mine was always on the underside of the driftwood until it god stuck behind the heater and died

My Common Pl*co used to be th same way [ It was 3 months after I put him in the tank before I even got another glimpse at the bugger ]

I noticed that, since I put a very large floating plant in my aquarium, he has been coming out a noticable bit more..

Don't know if its coincidence, or if the reduced light to the bottom of the tank is making him bolder, Just putthing this out here for those who complain about not being able to see theirs.

---------

Thats a very nice pic, Your Rubberlip blends in perfectly with the driftwood!

"Don't know if its coincidence, or if the reduced light to the bottom of the tank is making him bolder, Just putthing this out here for those who complain about not being able to see theirs."

Darker light does make many Plecos more friendly. Unfortunately, my Pleco will hide even the tank is almost completely dark and the only light I have on in the room is a TV (which does not even face the tank).

I've got an Albino Long Fin Pleco (had two but one died mysteriously) and he does nothing but swim around, clean EVERTHING in sight and is one of the most active, and gorgeous, of my fishys! The one that died was the same.

Everytime I feed the fish, as soon as I open the lid, he comes to the surface and floats belly-up on the surface and just starts chugging down all the food. I can even touch his belly and play with him! If you guys are after active plecos, I'd definately recommend these guys.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=21&pCatId=1659
Here's a link if you're interested. Mine don't act the the same as described in the article though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom