Zebra and Leopard Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newbneedshelp

Aquarium Advice Freak
Simple question, will zebra and leopard danios swim together as a shoal or only with there own kind? Reason is i want to get some leopards because all but 1 of my zebras died.

How did you zebras die? You may have a problem in your tank if you have zebras dying as they are some of the hardiest fish you can put in your tank.

well the first 2 died by getting sucked into the filter (dont ask its a long story lol) and another one died recently, it was a long finned female. when i found it and one of my cories had died within 24 hours i checked my nitrate, ammonia, etc. and found nothing wrong. The two that died were over a year and a half old though so it might of been from old age.

I've got a zebra danio that is over five years old. I don't think yours died from old age.

Kim

Andos99 said:
as they are some of the hardiest fish you can put in your tank.

VERY TRUE !!!!!!

white clouds & danios are EXTREMELY hardy!

my ammonia reached 8.0ppm
that's right 8.0 ppm at one stage...
they are still alive for 2 years !!!

You checked your levels and everything is fine you say. If there are no other signs of illness, then I would do a water change before adding any new fish.

I have 2 different types of danios in my tank and they school together and seem quite happy.

I have a leopard and 5 other zebra danio's in my tank and they all school up with the rasbora's whenever I get out the siphon of doom. Pretty much any open water fish in the 1-2" range will school up together when suprised. Other than that they'll tend to break up if they feel safe.

I dont plan on getting the fish anytime soon. And im turning my 10gal into a tank with plants only and an oto or 2. The fish i have in the tank other than the oto and zebra are going back to my lfs and the zebra will be going into my 20gal when i start to cycle it. BTW im looking into gettin Biospira can someone point me in the direction of an online retailer? TIA

Back
Top Bottom