zebra danio bit fat..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darren1989

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi another post from me got loads of things to learn as fairly new :) my zebra danio has got rather large and by comparing pics on the internet she is full of eggs (will try and post pic later) iv tried looking on the internet for 'what to do next' i have been feeding them frozen bloodworm once a day and live bloodworm once a week i do have a spare tank aswell not massive but will be fine for a few fish i have 4 zebras altogether, do they chose when they drop their eggs? Are they easy to care for? What do i do now? Any help will be apprecated thank you :) this forum is great!

Your Danios

Hi another post from me got loads of things to learn as fairly new :) my zebra danio has got rather large and by comparing pics on the internet she is full of eggs (will try and post pic later) iv tried looking on the internet for 'what to do next' i have been feeding them frozen bloodworm once a day and live bloodworm once a week i do have a spare tank aswell not massive but will be fine for a few fish i have 4 zebras altogether, do they chose when they drop their eggs? Are they easy to care for? What do i do now? Any help will be apprecated thank you :) this forum is great!

Hello dar...

Keep feeding a good variety and feed often. A little a couple of times a day isn't too much. Include some freeze dried and a good flaked food. It's doubtful you'll see the eggs. They're very tiny. The bad news is they're very nutritious. The adults will eat them. But, if the adults are very well fed, you should have a decent number of fry that will survive.

Keep the tank water extremely clean and include some floating plants in the tank. I like Hornwort. It will help keep the tank water a bit cleaner between water changes. It would be a helpful to turn down the filter to the lowest setting possible, so the fry aren't injured. You could just change the tank water more often and add an airstone to the tank. That way you could turn off the filter for a bit to check to see if you do have fry.

B

Hi there, my family friend has a danio which looks like she is holding eggs. I'm not sure if she's just fat as I've never kept danios before but here's a picture. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409247643.447945.jpg
Also, she has a red fin shark in the tank (rehoming it SOON) who might be sick. She was given the fish and ten gallon tank on short notice so it isn't her fault that she has ones that aren't suited for her tank. any help is greatly appreciated:) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409247751.633625.jpg

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Back
Top Bottom