zebra danio fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
ok, so i had 3 zebra danios in my 10g planted for a few days until i murdered them with an overdose of diy co2... that was over a week or so ago... other than that, there havent been any other fish in the tank, until the other day when i put a very small rubber lipped pleco in. I noticed the 2 nights ago, and again last night and tonight, that i have these super tiny fish (im assuming) swimming in my tank. They seem to hide while the lights are on, but if i turn the light on after its been out for a while, i can count 10-15, but they are so small, i can barely see them. They look like a tiny dot with a hair sized body on them and they are literally so small, you have to squint to see them even up close. Could they be zebra danio fry or could they be something else? Any ideas? Btw, dont even ask for a picture, my camera wont zoom in 1/1000th close enough to see it lol

yeah, i took some flakes and ground them up in to a super fine powder... feed them just a little bit twice a day... ive never seen fry so small, i was really thinking it may be something else, because i saw some planaria i believe, not alot, but maybe 20 teeny tiny worms on the glass, but theyre all gone now. any possibility its something other than zebra danio fry?

any possibility its something other than zebra danio fry?

No that really sounds like the danios left eggs behind... if there are no predators in the tank, the splinter-sized fry will dart around a bit, otherwise they'll hide down by the gravel. If the adults were still there, you may never have seen them, because they'd be eaten by now.

the powdered food should be OK as long as they can get to it.

Back
Top Bottom