Zebra Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Link119

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have 3 Zebra Danios in a planted 10 gallon tank because one recently died off of a bent spine. I have a petco nearby and would it be best to return the three and get a school of (5ish) less active harlequin rasboras?

I actually prefer the rasboras if the ten gallon is going to be too small for the zebra danios. I heard that the zebra danios need more room (of course after i bought them) but would it be wise to just complete the school instead of going for a school of less active fish? Or could i use a powerhead to create a current for them to swim in so to them it feels less tight?

Both say about 10 gallon minimum. BUT depending on the type of rasbora it will need a bigger tank as some get as big as 6".

I read that harlequin rasboras only get up to 2" so those would be my plan but i think i am going to stick with the zebra danios. Should i still get a powerhead to there is a little more flow in the tank for them to enjoy rather than my 100gph filter?

I read that harlequin rasboras only get up to 2" so those would be my plan but i think i am going to stick with the zebra danios. Should i still get a powerhead to there is a little more flow in the tank for them to enjoy rather than my 100gph filter?

That's up to you but I don't see a reason for a power head.

Back
Top Bottom