Zebra Danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I put 6 Zebra Danios into my tank 2 days ago. I gave up on the fishless cycle. When I put the fish in they seemed fine. They always swam at the top though, but then a few hours later, all the fish started swarming toward the bottom and then a in little while swim back up. I didn't even add food so they couldn't be scavenging for some. Is this normal? They did this again today. I always thought they swam at the top more often.

My zebra danios tend to swim top level most of the time, but on occasion they will chase each other along the bottom. I even have a danio that scavenges for food at the bottom even now and then. But they are pretty hardy fish from what I've read.

It's normal. I don't have zebra danios right now, but I used to. They swam at the top for the first couple of days, then after they felt comfortable (I guess) they went all over the tank.

It's true. I have 3 zebras left of the original cycling crew and they have been all over the tank. In fact they stay more middle to lower-middle if they are anywhere. Could be because of the butterflys living at the top but either way... the danios definately are a whole tank fish.

Back
Top Bottom