Zebra danios and angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eggheadfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,
I'm putting together a stocking list for my new tank. Angels and zebra danios were both considerations, but aqadvisor shows they can only coexist at 75.2 degrees. Has anyone kept them in a community tank together before?

I've got both, and they both thrive. my temp is at roughly 25C which is about 77F. I know zebra danios can prefer/handle cooler, but mine are very active and playful, they utilise the entire tank length depth and height. They occasionally play in the filter stream, but no more than my corydoras.
I know they aren't the most exciting in terms of how common they are, but they are still one of my most favourite aquarium fish of all time!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Aqadvisor isn't always correct about water parameters... That's why it's always a good idea to double check against multiple sources.

My main concern about danios with angels would be that danios can get a little nippy when they have pent up energy. They need at least 20" of tank length and a large school so their nipping is kept to themselves. Usually a group of 8+ is enough, so as long as you have room for that many plus the angel(s), you should be good to go!

Thanks so much for the quick responses! I don't think ill house the two together anyway. I'm thinking of doing a black and white tank with live plants, an angel, some hatchets, and some neon black tetras and some kind of cories (trilineatus if I can find them). I know the tetras might end up angel food so once it gets bigger I can move it into my 55 community setup. If I go with danios I'll likely change my centerpiece fish to a dwarf gourami and some cardinal or neon tetras to keep somewhat of a color scheme. Not sure yet but thank you for the input!

Thanks so much for the quick responses! I don't think ill house the two together anyway. I'm thinking of doing a black and white tank with live plants, an angel, some hatchets, and some neon black tetras and some kind of cories (trilineatus if I can find them). I know the tetras might end up angel food so once it gets bigger I can move it into my 55 community setup. If I go with danios I'll likely change my centerpiece fish to a dwarf gourami and some cardinal or neon tetras to keep somewhat of a color scheme. Not sure yet but thank you for the input!

Good choice. Though my angels and zebras work, my daughter chose the angels. Sacrilege I know, but not much of a fan of them. They do have great personality and are interactive with people though!
Before needing to change them around, I had zebras with neons and 2 male DG's. Great combo with live plants apart from the ill informed idea of 2 male DG's together.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom