Zebra pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leek86

Aquarium Advice Activist
After discovering that bn plecos grow to large for a 65litre (17g) tank, Ive been looking for smaller plecos, would a zebra pleco be an ok choice for a tank this size?

Drat, I really would like a nice attractive pleco :(

Really? I didnt know that, probably wouldnt be getting one anyway lol, can anyone advise a nice plec that would be happy in a 17g?

IMO and I could be wrong but I think that a 17G is too small for any pleco, even a small one can have a big bio load. But then again I could be wrong.

That sucks but i guess I can fall back on some sort of corys or maybe even kuhli loaches for a bottom dweller.

I can't attest to the pleco, because I've never kept them, but butterfly is right that they are pretty spendy. You could do a trio of otos though.

Thanks for the links, but im in the uk :)
If i decided to try a bn on jetajockeys advise or even the colombian zebra, should I then stay away from other bottom dwellers or can/do they cohabitate?

Thank you for the fast reply, if I add any other bottom dwellers i'll stick to something small in the cory family like salt and pepper corys etc

I'd even go a little smaller than paleatus, something like panda, habrosus, hastatus, pygmaeus. JMO. :)

Back
Top Bottom