Zebra plecos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, I've seen this ad for a breeding pair of zebra plecos which have approximately had 6 successful spawns. How much do you think I should offer? Lowest offers you would think for these please! I know how to care for them etc , and I do have another tank if need be. Thanks!

I've been wanting those for a while but the only way I could get them is online or ordering them through the LFS and they are $249 each. I don't know if that's the normal price range or not. Hope you get them, they are amazing!

I will try ... But the money could be a problem . I found some for £ 60 each but I think they have all gone! Checked again and there are some for £85 but I'm not sure if they post or deliver. I've found a pic of one for £25!! I'm not entirely sure if their genuine but I'll post the pic and you guys tell me if you think it is or not.

Looks more like clown pleco instead, the lighter stripes are far too tan and the pattern does not look right from the photo. Sorry :( Here's a zebra view from above so you can compare :) -

img_2011862_0_bfb014e7c4574b0c0b9584ee5547adcf.jpg

Yeah I just found that out.. I have found someone who's tank has crashed and they have 4 zebra plecos for £40 each or £125 for the lot!

Geez, it's your lucky day! You getting them? :D

Thank you severum mumma for confirming that. If I can get hold of the person I'll let you know if I buy any!

I seriously doubt that they are going to be L046 at that price. L204 (and other fish that are known as "zebra plecos") are still very cool fish though.

severum mama said:
L204 (which is pictured in your iPhone screenshot above) is not the zebra pleco you're probably thinking of...
Panaque sp. (L204) • Loricariidae • Cat-eLog • PlanetCatfish

L046 is the zebra pleco that is so sought-after.
Hypancistrus zebra • Loricariidae • Cat-eLog • PlanetCatfish

Yeah, for that low a price, I don't foresee them being the rarer L-46 Zebra Pleco. Plus that early Pleco pic looks more like a Clown Pleco. There are some other Plecos under the moniker of Zebra Pleco for cheaper, but not the L-46.

Yeah, for that low a price, I don't foresee them being the rarer L-46 Zebra Pleco. Plus that early Pleco pic looks more like a Clown Pleco. There are some other Plecos under the moniker of Zebra Pleco for cheaper, but not the L-46.

The screenshot above was labeled L204 so that's what I was going on. So many of the plecos look a lot alike and would be very tough to ID on a phone screen.

Yeah I'm on iPad I do know now that , that pleco is a 206 so I will keep an eye out for zebra plecos

Okay I have asked for two and if he can send me pics. Okay I have rung the guy twice and messaged him. No response . I'll leave it to the morning ...

Back
Top Bottom