zucchini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I gave my fish their first taste of zucchini last night. I gave it to them raw, but tonight I nuked a slice in some water in the microwave and I am letting it cool before I put it in there. I bought one of those clips. The only one I saw eat it was the angelicus botia loach. I didn't see my pleco eat any of it.

Where do you hang your clip in your tank?????????

thanks!

:turn-l:

I hang mine so the bottom is a couple of inches above the sand. The pleco may eat it at night when the lights are off.

Sometimes I have to let the veggies sit in the tank for a day or so before my plec will touch them.

Also, in my limited experience... :lol: I've found that sometimes it takes a few attempts of offering the zucchini before they will actually try it. If I remember correctly, it took Count (my Sailfin) about 3 or 4 times before he finally gave in and tasted it. Some fish seem to be really nervous about it and will only get so close to it at first.

well i put another piece in there and turned out the lights after I gave the obviously hungry barbs some worms. :roll: The haven't touched the new slice yet. Maybe pleco will have a shot at this piece. I scooted it down towards the bottom of the tank.

I have guppies / mollies / platys .... I haven't given them any zucchini/cucumber ... would they take it? Is it only certain types of fish that will eat it?

Back
Top Bottom