12-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Aquarium Advice Freak
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 3350 Ulmerton Rd Suite 13, Clearwater, Fl 33762
Calling New Customers - Introductory Offer
250 Amphipods and Copepods + Free Shipping - Only $9.99
Some Fun Facts about Amphipods and Copepods:
- Amphipods can be distinguished from copepods as able to seen at a distant.
- Amphipods range in size from 5-10mm, where as copepods range from 1-3mm. This offer is for a variety of both.
- Amphipods and copepods make excellent food for picky eaters like seahorses.
- Mandarin gobies love live fish food and they are essential to a reef tank adding biodiversity.
- Tanks can be seeded with them by introducing ~100 per 25 gallons or through the use of an upstream fishless refugium kept dimly lit.
- The most common amphipods found in aquaria are either herbivores or detritivores.
- They tend to eat either plant or algal material preferentially and either graze on algae or eat debris of plant or algal origin.
- In our aquaria, amphipods are typically part of the cleanup crew.
- In addition, they are good food for whatever saltwater fish can catch them. Altogether they are a beneficial and interesting component of our systems' fauna.