Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #151
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwellag
Can you make the app for android operating system? I don't have an iPod and I would definitely buy the app if it was on the android market!
If you had only read the previous posts on this thread you would have seen that your question has been asked and answered over and over again... The last time it was answered was around 10 posts ago...

Old 09-29-2011, 12:22 AM   #152
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambono View Post
I will post when I start development for android. I have other projects before that.
Have you started yet? Can you estimate when you will start and finish it? (I am REALLY looking forward to this app coming to Android. )

maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #153
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Hey- here's an idea: make a website/server service that is like the app, where costumers pay a fee every month/year and they have an account. Then when they log in, they could have all the stuff in the app. You could make a mobile website for it too, that way people without iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android could have it. But as I have read, you are very busy working on other projects right now... lol this would be a mega project, but i think you will get more costumers that way,
maxwellag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #154
Aquarium Advice Freak

android has not started, there is no timeframe.

about possible loss of data, I still can't recreate the issue. regardless what I think is happening is that the data is somehow being cached, and when a user performs a certain action it reloads the cached data and not the saved file. the user action must be answering a phone call, or putting the app in the background or something similar.

I have made a change so that if the app detects there already is user data it won't load the file again. so the app should only load the file when its starting up, not when returning from being in the background.

anything else you all want in this next update, other possible water tests to add, or notification presets?
zambono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #155
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything else was great thanks!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #156
Aquarium Advice Freak

@Ozy thanks for all your details I am going to try all these scenarios and see what I can recreate. Are you doing a full shutdown or just leaving it in the background.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:37 PM   #157
Aquarium Advice Activist

Full shutdown of the app after every change to keep the data, anytime I go to the background if I do not stop the process and restart and enter more data, both pieces are lost after the next shutdown.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #158
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks for your info very helpful. I have sent an update to apple, it should be out within a week. I tried all your scenarios and my data was intact, then again I wasn't encountering the issue in the first place.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #159
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambono
Thanks for your info very helpful. I have sent an update to apple, it should be out within a week. I tried all your scenarios and my data was intact, then again I wasn't encountering the issue in the first place.
Me either I must say everything works great here but I really like how you get advise from us kinda makes us feel involved thanks a lot
Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #160
Aquarium Advice Freak

thanks and make sure to backup your data, there is some order of events that causes the app to reload old data. hopefully the new update will fix the issue because it has me stumped.

Tags
alert, app, ipad, iphone, maintenance