Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #331
Aquarium Advice Freak

That will probably work I will also add sorting options, by name, scientific, type, etc

zambono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #332
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambono View Post
@Obscure, thanks for you input. I'll look into what you mentioned about settings, although that is odd since when you hit update you are just updating the inhabitants database, nothing to do with your own data. I'll look into it regardless. About the scientific, it has a lot to do with the app begin international. It sold throughout the world and obviously common names are even different among countries who speak the same language, thus the latin name.

@sanchez I can't spend the time developing aquaPlanner for android from scratch but I might start a kickstarter to fund having a third party develop it.

@gilley the app is not free there is a .99c lite version which displays adds and allows 1 aquarium, most people purchase the pro $2.99 version. multiple aquariums, no ads, and iCloud syncing. iCloud syncing is still a work in progress.
I wish I wouldn't have told you that hitting that button works because now it doesn't. I just retyped the last week and a half of water tests and sure enough when my phone locked and I reopened it it "icloud synced" and I lost everything. This now happens everytime, where as before it was only if I didn't hit the update button first. I know you said that it takes what ever file is newest - but I can assume you that I haven't used the ICloud backup in days and I just updated 5 water tests and yet it chose the old iCloud over the phone. Maybe you can set it to always use the phone as the default information and it only pull the information from the icloud backup if you manually tell it to? If not, it just keeps picking the (old/outdated) icloud file over the local (new/correct) iphone file every time it syncs and we lose everything.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #333
Aquarium Advice Regular

CRAP! Mine did it too. Lost all my water quality data from todays input. Really need to fix that.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #334
Aquarium Advice Freak

I need to get to the bottom of the issue. I am not experiencing the same. Did both of you update to 2.3.3? It now has a system that if it detects a file conflict it asks which file to keep. Anybody else having issues after the new update?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #335
Aquarium Advice Addict

Luckily I have not had any issues at all
Old 05-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #336
Aquarium Advice Freak

thats good to hear, but clearly others have. It would be nice if it was consistent so that I could find a clear solution. I always recommend a backup of the data file before upgrading, enabling iCloud etc.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #337
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambono View Post
I need to get to the bottom of the issue. I am not experiencing the same. Did both of you update to 2.3.3? It now has a system that if it detects a file conflict it asks which file to keep. Anybody else having issues after the new update?
I have version 2.3.3 and it has yet to ask me which version to keep, it just automatically updates.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #338
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Also, I have the latest OS version, and I have an iphone 4 (not 4s) ... it's not jailbroken or any other mods, just regular old iphone 4.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #339
Aquarium Advice Freak

thank you obscure, do you have your newer file backed up, if not do so. Disable iCloud if you haven't already, have your most up to date info on the app, do an iTunes backup of it, then in Device settings -> iCloud -> Manage Data delete aquaPlanner. Go back into aquaPlanner, you should see your data, then enable iCloud. That will rewrite all the data on iCloud with what you see.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #340
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think I am getting to the issue Obscure. Unfortunately I will have to send another update when it's ready. What you can try in the time being is that it should save to iCloud without an issue if you opened the app fresh, did changes, and then saved. There seems to be some conflicts when the app returns from being in the background and then trying to save to iCloud. Give that a try and let me know if I am correct.

Tags
alert, app, ipad, iphone, maintenance