Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

the aquaPlanner thread

Ok guys and girls here is where you all may post questions, inquire about new features and such. you may also contact me directly of course, or use the contact form on my website.

I would like to announce that version 1.1.0 is now live which fixed some bugs and added new languages. If you all encounter any others please let me know.

zambono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi Zambono,

I was able to successfully download the app to iTunes and then transfer to my iPad without any issues. This was before the update. I have now successfully updated the app on my iPad with your newest release. So far, ire ally like this app. It is simple and straightforward. The only thing I have noticed that is a bit quirky is the sliders. One example is I have a 29 gallon biocube, but can only set the gallons at28 or 30 gallons. This not a big deal but I wanted to mention it. Hope this yelps and I will send more later.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:25 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

yes indeed and it will be fixed on the next update with plus and minus button so that you may zero in on the number you really want. the sliders are so sensitive that I myself have problems getting the correct numbers at times, lol.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Tried sending you a PM earlier after buying it the first day it was out but you weren't accepting PMs. I'm guessing there were some advertisement issues there?

Anyways, the app is pretty sweet! Multiple tank setups would be a nice touch which I mentioned before but I won't get too picky yet.

For some reason I can not get the "filter media" disabled. Even if it's at zero it still shows a color circle next to it.

The only real gripe I have really is that the sliders are REALLY tricky to get to the number you want. It'd be nice to just be able to type in a number?

As for a recommendation, do you think there could be a "notes" page added? It'd be great to be able to record notes or record test results and have them in the planner.

My system is still really basic so I'm only using a few reminder but I can see this helping a lot when I start using more detailed items in my tank.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks nick, I'll look into the filter media. Multiple tanks will be my goal for an iPad version and I'm going to implement a fix for the sliders being too sensitive.

My next major update to the app will be data log / dosing / and notes

Thanks again
Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

Any reason why one can't be done for the iPhone for multi tanks? Your tanks could be listed on one menua then when you select one of those tanks it would bring up that tanks settings and that tanks schedule right?

My wife has an iPhone too and our other tank is in her office so that's the only other way to get her tank on the schedule, I just don't want to pay for it again just to have her tank on it ya know.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

The nice thing about iTunes is that you can install the app on as many devices as you want as long as you use the same login. I've never tried it but I think there is a family iTunes account as well.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:25 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to ejaramillo01
Thumbs down

I bought the app, aquaplaner, but I can just see it in my iPhone, for whatever reason every time that I installed in my iPad doesn't work.
I can see the icon, but doesn't open?????
Old 01-16-2011, 05:42 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

it's very odd and has been happening with some iPads. It is after all an iPhone app. delete the app from your iPad, sync with itunes on your computer and install it that way. that should solve it.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

version 1.2 should be out by the first week of February, which includes a plus and minus button for precise date selection, and what many have asked for, 4 user editable tasks

Tags
alert, app, ipad, iphone, maintenance