Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > Vendor Spotlight (Deals, Announcements & More)
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Welcome Aquarimate as a New SPONSOR

I'd like all of you to join me in welcoming John and Aquarimate as the latest sponsor of our Aquarium Advice home!

Aquarimate is a fabulous mobile App that runs on both IOS (Apple) and Android (Samsung, HTC, Google, etc.) devices to track and analyze your tank(s) parameters. You can also set reminders for those pesky maintenance tasks that sometimes get overlooked and keep track of all of the tank's inhabitants. There is also a rather complete database of livestock to check out that potential new purchase or remind you of what your inhabitants need. The App is designed for both Fresh and Saltwater aquariums.

John is a frequent poster and offers valuable advice. Now that they are officially a sponsor we expect see John become even more active in the forums.

So please welcome John and be sure to check out his app (Aquarimate) in your App store.

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks a lot Seymour, It's our honor to be part of this community.

As Seymour mentioned, my name is John and I will be the point of contact for "Aquarimate" app. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns about the app. Please visit our website at http://www.aquarimate.com to learn more about the features.

Checkout Aquarimate App Website: http://www.aquarimate.com
Aquarimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

App looks good...pricey, though. Is there a "lite" or trial version so I can kick the tires? I have several tanks and this would be useful.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmolavi View Post
App looks good...pricey, though. Is there a "lite" or trial version so I can kick the tires? I have several tanks and this would be useful.
Currently we do not have a free version yet but we do offer 100% Satisfaction guarantee. If you get the app but don't like it, we will send you $10 iTunes gift card. That's our promise.

We are constantly working on the app (both Android and iPhone) and not funded by any company. All the income of this app will be spent to improve the app and add new features. Our goal is to utilize the mobile technology to improve the quality of the care we need for our tanks so we can better enjoy this hobby.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's good to hear.

One suggestion (and I know it's a biggie, so I don't expect it to be in the next update): Add freshwater

You could probably re-use most of the existing code for tasks, parameters, etc, just adding in the freshwater fish/plant database.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Freshwater is completely supported. When you create a tank, you can choose between Freshwater and Saltwater which adjusts everything accordingly.

The Aquaribase Freshwater database however is still being worked on.. We will add the database for freshwater in future updates.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh, I just saw on the site only saltwater stuff...but good to hear.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I had a question and a couple of suggestions/requests.

Is there a time line one when the freshwater database will be available?

Would it be possible to add tank temperature to parameters?

Would it be possible to add to each tank what that parameters should be? (I am thinking specifically for temp, ph,kh etc. For me with multiple community tanks, and lots of fish that have a range of acceptable parameters, it would be nice if you could enter the min/max temp range for the tank as a whole, same for kh, and ph. OR even better have it pull the info from the database based on your stock and autopopulate the suggested range for the tank.

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSergio View Post
I had a question and a couple of suggestions/requests.

Is there a time line one when the freshwater database will be available?

Would it be possible to add tank temperature to parameters?

Would it be possible to add to each tank what that parameters should be? (I am thinking specifically for temp, ph,kh etc. For me with multiple community tanks, and lots of fish that have a range of acceptable parameters, it would be nice if you could enter the min/max temp range for the tank as a whole, same for kh, and ph. OR even better have it pull the info from the database based on your stock and autopopulate the suggested range for the tank.

Thanks!
Hi ElSergio,

- The Freshwater database is still being worked on and should be available soon. We are hoping to have it ready around Mid July in our next major iOS update.

- You can add as many parameters as you like to the list. You can also delete any existing ones as well if you don't need them. Here's the procedure:

1. On the Dashboard, tap on "Parameters".
2. (iPhone): On Parameters screen, you should see "Edit" button on top-right corner. Once you tap on "Edit" button, you should have the "+" button on top-left corner. You should be able to delete any existing parameters while you are in the edit mode. After you are done, tap on "Done" button on top-right corner.
2. (Android): On Parameters screen, tap on "options/menu" button on your actual device and you should see a pop-up menu to edit parameters. While in edit mode, tap on the same "options/menu" button again and now you should see "New Parameter" in the pop-up menu. Once you are done, select "Done" in the menu.

We do have a plan to develop a feedback method to help users realize when their parameters test results are out of range. We will discuss your suggestion and definitely incorporate that in our design. Thank you so much for helping us improving the app.

Tags
rim