2.8Ghz laptop for sale!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhetor

Aquarium Advice Activist
Dell Inspiron
Pentium 4 mobile 2.8Ghz (much much faster than a celeron)
512mb DDR RAM
40GB Hard drive
802.11b/g wireless, LAN card, 56K modem
USB 2.0
64mb video
CD-RW, DVD

Only problem is the minor sratches on the outside of the case. Runs flawlessly.

Comes with everything, AC adapter, Windows XP, word processor, driver discs, cd burning program, DVD player, etc.

Looking for $900 shipped but am open to negotiation.

sorry about the bad quality pictures, i can borrow my friend's camera if you guys want a better pic.

Attachments

• photo_0056.jpeg
    photo_0056.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 338
  • photo_0057.jpeg
    photo_0057.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 86
Oh, oh! also has an extended warrantee which i am 90% sure is transferrable.

The warrantee is i believe 2 or 3 year, with one year no-matter-what insurance. You drop it down a flight of stairs and they'll fix it for ya!

I'll find out the exact warrantee asap.

currently negotiating with brndfdr... berfdsnf.... brown defibulator? brndfrb. Yeah thats it.

I'll give you a pm if the deal doesn't work out for any reason.

thanks for the bump.

I got access to a camera thats a bit better, so i took some shots (actually about 9 but i won't waste bandwidth)

The warranty is transferable and expires 7/22/2007 from DELL. The accidental damage warranty has something like 150 days left.

$800 is as low as i'm gunna go, but i'll ship it for free.

Attachments

• dvc00295.jpg
    dvc00295.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 89
  • dvc00302.jpg
    dvc00302.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 85
i have the other photos including close ups of any cosmetic blemishes on the case.

Currently working out a deal, should know by tomorrow if its still up for sale.

Fish Surgeon brought to my attention:

I forgot to post the model number.

It's a Dell Inspiron 1150.

I was going to cover the shipping costs, but if you would like to pick it up that would be fine. I will not be here after Sunday however, as i'm going back up to school.

I am selling it to upgrade to a laptop with more video processing power. The new X800 PCI-e cards are out. Battery life is not really a concern for me so i'm switching to a higher performance, less portable machine.

RoK, let me know if you want to pick it up. I have pictures i can email you if you'd like.

yep, its a couple posts up.

3 year transferrable warranty through DELL, expires 7/22/2007

Will transfer it to you if you purchase the computer.

I'm also a part time computer tech so if you have any problems in the future you could use me as a resource as well as the Dell tech support. I'd probably be a lot more helpful than the RTFM guys.

DVC00305- these are two marks that i would describe as "scratches" and not scuffs. These are the deepest marks on the system. They are no longer than 1/2" each, one being slightly smaller than the other. These of course do not effect performance in any way and are cosmetic only. I felt the need for the closeup of these scratches because they represent the greatest "damage" to the system. You can see them at most viewing angles, unlike the other scuffs that are only visible under certain angles and lighting.

DVC00307- These are the "scuffs" on the lid. As you can see they are minor and are just from moving around in the laptop bag, and probably rubbing against a plastic cd case or something similiar.

DVC00301- This is the bottom of the unit. The windows serial key sticker has some of the lamination torn off. You can still see the key just fine. The part that tore off was merely a clear plastic coating. Again, you can still clearly see the product key. Also, there were 5 little rubber feet that were stuck onto the bottom of the unit from Dell. These things kept falling off so easily, and after about a week i had already lost track of one. So i took off the feet and put some hot glue on the feet locations to raise it up to the same level. The glue is much more resilliant than those annoying rubber things. If you want to remove the hot glue you can peel it off without too much effort, but they stay on there much better than the rubber feet ever did.

Attachments

• dvc00301.jpg
    dvc00301.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 57
  • dvc00307.jpg
    dvc00307.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 44
  • dvc00305.jpg
    dvc00305.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom