For Sale: 3 stems of Water Wisteria (Hygrophila difformis) Aquarium Live Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daileene

Planted Tank Addict
This listing is for 3 stems of Live Aquarium Plant "Water Wisteria" or Hygrophila difformis. I have like 5 to 6 groups to sell. They are all green and my tanks really need a good trimming. For pictures, please refer to my albums or to my threads, I have them in there. Please let me know how many stems you want. I am selling 3 stems at a time for $3.00 per 3 stems. First Class Mail is $3.00, Priority Mail is $5.35. If more stems, shipping cost will vary. Thanks.

QUICK STATS
Care Level: Easy
Lighting: Moderate
Placement: Background
Water Conditions: 74-82° F, KH 3-8, pH 6.5-7.5
Propagation: Cuttings
Max. Size: 1' 8"
Supplements: Trace Elements, CO2 Fertilization, Iron-Rich Fertilizer, Substrate Fertilizer
Origin: Tank Raised
Family: Acanthaceae

Overview:

The Wisteria, also known as the Water Wisteria, is an undemanding, extremely attractive aquarium plant. The lace-like leaves vary in appearance under different conditions. If the water is colder, they will be small, and lobed in appearance, instead of pinnate. If insufficient light is provided, they will only be slightly pinnate. The Wisteria is an excellent plant for the new aquarist or for the newly set-up aquarium. It requires a nutrient-rich substrate, with iron-rich fertilizer added regularly. Provide a moderate amount of lighting of at least 2 to 3 watts per gallon of full spectrum (5000-7000K) light. CO2 fertilization is also recommended.

For Wisteria to thrive, the water should be kept between 74°-82°F, with an alkalinity of 3 to 8 dKH and a pH of 6.5-7.5. To propagate, plant cuttings that have been removed from the healthy mature plant. Simply remove any leaves from the bottom 1" to 2" of the stem, and new root growth will form from the last node on the stem.

Please Note: As its scientific name suggests (Hygrophila difformis) the shape and form of Wisteria's leaves differ greatly depending on light and aquarium conditions. When your plant order arrives, it will appear different than its mature form.

If you have a problem posting a reply here, please kindly send me a PM. Thanks so much.

Back
Top Bottom