4 SALE: Nice Driftwood/Anubias combos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwell1295

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'll see if I can get some pics posted later on. These are some really nice pieces of Malaysian Driftwood with Anubias already attached and rooted to them. Take it all (I believe there are a total of 3 pieces) for $20.

Pickup only in North Queens (Flushing), NY. There are other threads in the Barter/Trade and Classifieds forums for FREE fish, FREE plants, and a nice pair of Keyhole Cichlids for a very good price...

During a move recently I had an anubias out of the water for 4 hours. Most of the leaves wilted, fell apart, and the whole plant almost died. These may be hard to ship because they need to be wet IME.

this is why you drape wet paper towel over the plant during shipping.

Besides, Abuias technically are not aquatic plants in the wild. They grow near waterfalls where they get moist from the mist coming from it. One of the few non aquatics that can be grown fully submersed.

I realize that is why it is done, but some plants seem to fair far better than other with this. My java moss for example can withstand much drier conditions than can teh anubias that I have. Maybe the air was just really dry and it rapidly sucked the water out of the plant. Next time I move it I will have it submersed.

I thought I remember hearing someone say that it can be used in terrariums so I guess that would make sense. It seems to be pretty hardy stuff.

Back
Top Bottom