Air Pump or Airstone Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well you can go to the store and get an airstone for 25cents

Im not sure if I need a bigger pump that pumps out more air, of if it is the airstone?

well is this for the pond or the aquarium??

you can get a pump at petco for 30 gal aquariums for about $8.99 the tubing is $1.49 and i got the bubble wand which was $6.75 and that day i also got an angelfish $5.49 and a betta $3.49

total was $28.18

Aquarium, but I dont need somethign that puts oxygen in the aquarium at a certain amount, I need something that will run my protien skimmer ok without falling down on the job.

Ahh ok well they still use smaller airstones but as I am sure people will tell you, airstone driven skimmers work usually poorly at best. You really need a venturi pump driven system.

I'll second the comment that venturi skimmers are a little more efficient. but if you have an airstone driven one, you'll want to look for wooden airstones. Go to a LFS that sells SW specific items and tell them you need an airstone for your skimmer and they'll point you to the right ones. Again, should only be a couple bucks.

Back
Top Bottom