Anyone Have Nerite Snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was going to order a couple for my tanks, but all the places I've seen have minimum quantity orders. The last thing I want is to get a batch of snails that I can't provide a home for. I figure I can give away some, but I don't know enough aquariasts locally to give them away to really.

I have them. I got 12 of them at a not so local LFS. How big/old is your tank?

I have a 55 gallon, set up for a year. I have a 20 gallon, set up for four months or so, but I seeded it from my 10 gallon, which was a year old.

are these the snails that eat algea really well I have never seen them around in my lfs, I might be interested in some, but 'I need to look into them a little I don't know what kind of conditions they need.

Have you tried in your regional forum? There might be some one around your area that might have some....

I`ve been looking also as they supposedly do a great job at getting rid of the BBA algea in the FW tank. I dont do any shipping in the winter so if my LFS does not get them in then I`ll have to wait till Spring time.

Back
Top Bottom