Anyone want a free tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a woodworking shop, I used to make sumps and trickle filters for the science labs at my high school. I would love to make tanks for myself but I done have anymore room till a buy a new house. This weekend I am going to make a foot high 4x4 SW pond for crabs stingrays and stuff, but will not have anywhere to put it. So I will have to keep it at my parents.

So if you want something, anything out of wood or acrylic, or wood and acrylic. Let me know.

as far as shipping, I would love for pickups, but will ship for actual cost only..

I can cove the cost of all the materials, but if you have a sheet of acrylic shipped to me I will not charge a penny…

Or if it is small enough that I can get the material at the HD we can get it there.

whats plywood with acrylic?

how do we know how much acylic you'll need?
and do we send you the money and youll buy the acrylic or is it we buy and send to you?

you can make a tank with all the sides out of plywood except the viewing side is acrylic, then you coat the plywood, good way of making cheep big tanks... or just cheep tanks...

well the best way is you buy it and just have then ship it to me. I have a loading dock at work so should be nice and easy. unless is is small and i can get it at HD..

well i will have to check,,, you see the thick stuff 3/8 and up and over 48inch sheets are hard to get at HD, but i think you can get 1/4 in 12 24 and 36 inchh sheed ad HD..

Like i said i will check and ger solid prices for HD

okay, it is somewhat late and I just got finished spending 4 hours celebrating my roommate's 21st birthday... So let me get this straight... you are willing to make tanks for free and then we pay for shipping? If this is correct, how much would a 20 or 29 gallon tank be? zip code 28607... if I was able to comprehend this correctly, PM me because I am certainly interested. :mrgreen:

hey i live in Cleveland, ohio just north of ya. well can you make it out of just acrilic or does it have to be just plywood and acrilyic, (i cant spell<---that word) but i just need to know the maximum tank size,shipping cost to 44144, and my question up there..

So i AM intrested anyways! just email me Mithrileye@Sbcglobal.net and/or pm me! 0X

1, all you pay is the actual cost of the materials and shipping.
2, I can make any config, if you want a long 1 inch high acrylic try that is fine. I can do acrylic only or wood only or acrylic and wood.
3, Some small glass tanks are less then the acrylic alone. so check your prices first.
4, if you want a tank let me know the dimensions you want,
5, local home improvement stores have outrageous prices on acrylic so we will probably want to get them online.
6, hey let me know,,,, lest make some cool stuff

ok well im starting to get into making aquariums myself..... GLASS yeah i am planning on making a 199 gallon glass fish tank with a custom made stand... lol i just neef to get some money :)

how much for a tank 48" Left to right, 24" front to back, and 30" top to bottom cost shipped to NJ, 08882??? Plywood tank with acryllic front...

i know its large, but I NEED a large tank...

Back
Top Bottom