For Sale: Baby Blue Mystery Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artzechic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there,

I was not aware that so many people would be interested in buying blue mystery snail babies, but now that I've gotten over 4 messages in the last 10 minutes, I figure I'll put them up here. I've never shipped snails before, but I'm going to start, and I looked it up, my blue mysteries are legal to ship interstate, so woot on that. :) They range from 2 - 4 weeks old. Here are pics of the large mama, and a few of babies.

1075623_10201000706716311_144829598_n.jpg

581409_10201000711116421_2057373713_n.jpg

I currently have about 20-30 babies for sale, and the mom just laid another egg clutch a few days ago, soooo more coming. They are all blue colored. I just ordered the kordon bags today, so they won't be here until next week. Then, I'm going to ship out on Mondays and maybe Tuesdays as well. I'm not sure how much to sell them for, but right now, the price is $1 a piece plus whatever shipping costs for your zip code. Message me on here or pm me with questions or whatevs. I'll let you know when I've sold out. I'm going to keep breeding them though I think, and so once I've sold out there will be more on the way. :)

***Oh, and if anyone has any baby gold or purple mystery snails, I'll trade you for some blue ones. :)***

~Liz~

i heard these snails will eat all your plants if there in a planted tankis that true?

I have a planted tank and so far, there hasn't been anything but great growth in there. I have hornwort, java moss, water sprite, and some viney mystery plant that was attached to my moss. So far, the snails crawl all over it, but they just eat the algae and dead stuff on the plants, so it actually looks like they help my plants grow. :) Hope that helped. The snails that eat the roots and such are apple snails I believe, and the snails that uproot and destroy plants are the MTS snails. Although, my 2 MTS snails don't seem to have hurt my plants at all, soooo I dunno. Maybe it's just if there are a bunch of them or something?

If you haven't already shipped, you might want to use bags other than Breather bags.
Mystery snails don't have gills so they need to be shipped in air. I normally place them in a wet paper cloth to keep it humid and then place in a poly or zip lock bag and fill with as much air as possible.

I've had nothing but good luck using this method. Had some mystery snails shipped inside water and While a couple larger ones survived, the rest were DOA, I think it's because their lung capacity is smaller when younger.

Hi there,
Yeah, I did ship them in a breather bag, but I only put a tiny bit of water in it. I was thinking that the Oxygen transfer would maybe bring more air in the bag? I've never used breather bags before, so I'm not very knowledgeable on how it works completely. If something happens to the snails that I sent, then I'll definitely try it your way next time. Thanks for letting me know! :) Actually, I'll probably do the paper towel method after this one, just to be safe. I hope nothing happens to the snails I already sent. :c

~Artzechic~

You should be okay as long as there is air in the bag.
With breather bags you are supposed to put all water and no air in the bag since the air is exchanged through the bag, which is why I got worried. But as long as they have a place to come up for air, you'll be okay

Hi there,
Yeah, I did ship them in a breather bag, but I only put a tiny bit of water in it. I was thinking that the Oxygen transfer would maybe bring more air in the bag? I've never used breather bags before, so I'm not very knowledgeable on how it works completely. If something happens to the snails that I sent, then I'll definitely try it your way next time. Thanks for letting me know! :) Actually, I'll probably do the paper towel method after this one, just to be safe. I hope nothing happens to the snails I already sent. :c

~Artzechic~

It was the first time I got snails this way, but they all survived! All moving around and eating. They arrived at 12:30 today. Thank you so much! They are really pretty!

Oh, also for everyone interested in mystery snails, I just got 2 purple mysteries, and I'm planning on breeding them, sooooo if they lay eggs that hatch some purples, I'll sell them too. :) Will take a while for the purps though, because I still have to get them comfy enough to mate. :)

Back
Top Bottom