Wanted: Breeding boxes/fry nets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfan88

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking for some breeding boxer or breeding nets either free or decent priced... I'd prefer plastic boxes, but nets are fine too. Pretty much any kind of fish/fry box/net/thing you can use to isolate a fish :p so yeah. I need a few of them so if you have any you don't want, please let me know! I am in Ontario Canada. I don't really want to pay a lot for shipping... But it depends on what you have and how many and the price. So lemme know anyway XD thanks :)

How big is it? Used is fine as long as it is in good condition :)

Well it is going to cost a little more to ship also.

Well thanks for the offer, but I think it would cost about the same to buy at the lfs as just to have it shipped... I'm trying to save money on equipment. Thanks anyway though :)

Check kensfish.com. His prices are great and shipping is usually reasonable.

I am looking for some breeding boxer or breeding nets either free or decent priced... I'd prefer plastic boxes, but nets are fine too. Pretty much any kind of fish/fry box/net/thing you can use to isolate a fish :p so yeah. I need a few of them so if you have any you don't want, please let me know! I am in Ontario Canada. I don't really want to pay a lot for shipping... But it depends on what you have and how many and the price. So lemme know anyway XD thanks :)

They are literally like 4usd at the pet store that's less than what you will pay on shipping

Yeah I'm trying to figure out a way to separate my bettas in a tank without them seeing each other... Might have to use big plastic breeder boxes and colored plexiglas around it so they can't see each other :p

That's the one. You can choose your shipping method and see the price before checking out. To make the shipping worthwhile, you should check out his foods. It comes in 1/2 pound bulk and is anywhere between 4 and 5 usd. I highly recommend his foods. I've been using them for over a year with zero problems. He has a ton of variety, and that half pound will last forever so long as you keep it packaged properly.

Oh, and for the bettas, you may want to consider some kind of DIY divider. I've seen people pick up some plastic mesh type things from the hardware store and cut them to size. Not sure exactly what it is, but some have used those covers for lights in drop ceilings. Just make sure that whatever you use is plastic and not fiberglass or anything like that.

You can easily make your own breeder boxes. I made 3 for about $6, and they are larger and better than the cheapo ones you can get at the store. Let me know if you want details for how I made them.

You can easily make your own breeder boxes. I made 3 for about $6, and they are larger and better than the cheapo ones you can get at the store. Let me know if you want details for how I made them.

Sure I do! Thanks :D

Back
Top Bottom