For Sale: Cajun dwarf crayfish (Cambarellus shufeldtii)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Craw Chief

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone. I have a bunch of Cajun dwarf crayfish (Cambarellus shufeldtii) in different tanks that I would like to sell if there is any interest for them. I'm mainly posting this listing here to try and gauge the interest of folks for this species (or crayfish in general). I don't have any shipping supplies at the moment, but if enough people are interested, I will order some supplies.

This species is pretty cool. Unlike their bigger cousins, they do pretty well with each other, plants, and even fish or shrimp. I personally haven't kept any of mine with fish or shrimp (other folks I know have done okay mixing them), but they have done fine in my tanks with each other, with plants, and with snails. The male Cajun dwarf crayfish get about 2 inches or so, females a little smaller.

You could use them in a planted tank, as pets in their own tank, as feeders, whatever you'd like to do. But like I said, I've got a bunch and would love to sell them!

All mine are brown with some red claws every now and then. I've got a bunch of juvies and adults. Blue strains of this species do exist, but I don't have any unfortunately.

The crayfish would be $3/each no matter how many you get. Shipping would be whatever the cost of the priority boxes from USPS are, so 6 or 10 bucks, depending on the amount you order.

Sorry about the poor photo quality:

OFSQOTG.jpg

xPlUsxA.jpg

FQhC2if.jpg

0zpSkJB.jpg

QWdKjwV.jpg

Hi there :) I've been trying to find some self cloninf Crays to feed my puffers with no avail, how easy are these to breed?

I like these guys. Would they be okay with a school of tetras and a few kuhli loaches? Maybe have 2 of them?

Hi there :) I've been trying to find some self cloninf Crays to feed my puffers with no avail, how easy are these to breed?

Hey there! Well these are not self-cloning like the marmokrebs, but they are not difficult to breed.

However, if you're looking for self-cloning crays, there are lots of places to look online:

ebay - ebay link - marmokreb search

aquabid - this looks like a really good deal on some marbled self cloning crays

And keep an eye here at the classifieds section or post a wanted ad here:)

I like these guys. Would they be okay with a school of tetras and a few kuhli loaches? Maybe have 2 of them?

These crayfish and the tetras would be fine. I'd be a little more concerned about the loaches, but I have no idea what loaches eat or how big loaches get. I wouldn't be worried about the crayfish bothering your loaches, but maybe the loaches bothering the crayfish since they're both bottom dwellers. It also would depend on your tank size/floor space. If you've got enough space for everyone to crawl around and explore without bumping into each other too much (and providing some nice hiding places for them too) then they would be fine I think :)

Would these hurt my platies or gouramis

These crayfish have never shown any aggression to fish in my tanks. I have never kept gouramis though, so I don't know if gouramis are aggressive or anything. As long as there are ample hiding spaces for the crayfish, I would feel confident putting them in a tank with platies and/or gouramis. The crayfish would be vulnerable after molting, but if they have hiding places, they'd be okay.

I also don't know what water parameters gouramis require, but these crayfish are kept in hard water (dGH above 5 at the very least) with a pH greater than 7. If the water parameters are similar, then I'd say they are fine.(y)

Are they solely aquatic or do they require a way to get to land? If they are solely aquatic I would be very interested!

Are they solely aquatic or do they require a way to get to land? If they are solely aquatic I would be very interested!

As long as the water is well-oxygenated (a simple airstone would be fine), they live their whole lives underwater. No land required! :)

Just send me a PM if you'd like some! :dance:

Hey everyone,

I've still got quite a few of these available. Again, they are just $3 per crayfish.

Shipping is from Baton Rouge, Louisiana (70808) and is a flat 7 dollars no matter how many you purchase. I am planning on shipping out on Monday so just send me a PM if you are interested! Thank you!

Here are some more pictures:

ktQi5U0h.jpg

Q2v0iGPh.jpg

QlPLNgOh.jpg

2SnlTObh.jpg

kjDi6aXh.jpg

VFUtpcqh.jpg

vkq5UZWh.jpg

LTvcs9rh.jpg

BPZdx98h.jpg

fiQCfPPh.jpg

nV4BTZch.jpg