CO. African Mbuna For Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DizzCat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Colorado Springs, CO. Pick up only (I don't know how to ship)

I have 2 female Red Zebras (Metriaclima estherae) that are 3 inches I am needing to re-home. If you are looking for adult females or are setting up an African tank, check out these beautiful girls!
Make an offer.

Also.......
I have a very pretty female Yellow Lab (Labidochromis caeruleus) that I need to re-home. She was born in my tank and is now an adult at 3 inches. She is the last to go.
Make an offer.
Below are pics of the fish for sale.

Attachments

• 100_2216.jpg
    100_2216.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 61
  • PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 59
  • PICT0016.jpg
    PICT0016.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 59
Thanks :) I actually just got an email about them on my Craigslist add and I might have sold all 3! The add has only been up a few minutes too. Whoo-hoo!! This is great because the lfs wont take any more from me until they sell the ones I already gave them.

craigslist rocks... i gave away about 30 fish today... i put them all for sale, just like $1 a piece, nothing for 4 hours... put them in the free section, had 23 emails within an hour and a half... needless to say i no longer have guppies, neons, corys, mollies, brichardis, as many jack dempseys, and tin foil barbs :)

Thats awesome Dizz and Rookie. Nice to see friends having good luck with their fish. Any luck finding a stand Dizz?

dizzcat, the walmart here in town (obviously not close to you but im sure all walmarts carry them) has a very nice black stand that is very sturdy... ive seen a couple of them set up and they seem to be very nice stands, i think they sell for like $75...

OOOPS! LOL I am catching my little juvies to double check sex now that they are 3" and the Yellow Lab is a HE!! hahahahaha

Using my awesome pop bottle trap and they are going nuts! The big adults can't fit into the opening but the young ones can. I caught all the young Labs, couple Reds and now I want to catch the Hongi and Perlmutts.

I want to start a new cichlid tank, but my parents won't let me. I would grab these beutiful fish if i lived near you. Nice fish.

Whoops! hahahaha hehehehe
fies010.gif
th_killingme.gif
fies010.gif
th_killingme.gif

My Craigslist add about my Zebras got flagged and removed! Said I needed to read the terms. So, I could not figure out why?? What?? Re-read what I had wrote and figured out why.

""If you are looking for adult females or are setting up an African tank, check out these beautiful girls!""
th_killingme.gif
fies010.gif
fies010.gif
th_killingme.gif

Needless to say, I re-did my add, making sure to write freshwater fish in there a lot hahahaha!

Anywhooo, that woman never wrote me back about them, so guess $5 was too steep for her. Sheez!

OK, now I am mad!!:bad-words: Someone is flagging my post and I have a feeling its because its Red Zebras for some reason. Neither my Yellow Lab female nor my Rams are being flagged and the posts are basically the same. I have a feeling someone out there is selling Red Zebras and does not want to competition. :bad-words:

This is my second Craigslist add to be flagged and deleted:

I have two 3 inch Red Zebras (Metriaclima Estherae) females that I am selling to a good home. I also have a some small 1-1.5 inch Red Zebras too. All these fish were mouth-brooded by their mothers and then raised to selling size by me. They are all very healthy!
Prices are: $7 for the large ones or $10 for both.
$3 each for the small ones.
(Petstore prices run $14.99 for the large and $5.99 for small ones)

Is it the Petsore comaprison this time?

Depends on what section you are selling them in. Some require you to call it a re-homing fee and not a price....

There is only one place to put an add like this, in For Sale/General. This is where my ad for my Rams is and my Yellow Lab add. Neither one of these adds have been flagged and this one has been twice now!

This is the Lab add:
I have a very pretty female Yellow Lab (Labidochromis caeruleus) that I need to re-home. She was born in my tank and is now an adult at 3 inches. She is the last to go.

I am asking 6.99 OBO for her.

And this is part of the Ram ad: (the rest is Ram info)
Bolivian Ram (Mikrogeophagus altispinosus) juveniles for sale. They are also called the Butterfly Ram and the Red Ram.
$5.99 each.

So? I don't get why they keep flagging my Zebra ad unless its someone who is doing it to get rid of the competition!

I also have ads on there selling some wall hanging quilts I made. (if your interested in seeing those let me know, I will send you the link;)) and none of these are getting flagged either. In total I have 8 ads up and the Zebra one is the only one being flagged. That is why I am thinking its an individual flagging me, because the other 2 fish adds are the basic same wording. :bad-words:

Any ideas WHY I keep getting this one flagged? I have 2 adults and 15 juvies I need to find homes for and soon!

Ok, trying again.
The ad label is: African Cichlids need re-homed
Text is:
I have two 3 inch Red Zebras (Metriaclima Estherae) females and ten 1.5 inch juveniles that I need to find a home for. All these fish were born in my tanks and raised by me. They are all very healthy!
Re-homing prices are: $7 for the large ones or $10 for both.
$3 each for the small ones.
These are African Mbuna and need to be kept in a freshwater African cichlid setup only. These are not community fish because their aggression level is so high.

So, if this one gets flagged too I will know it is a single person doing the flagging!

Have you tried the shipping yet? I will be curious to see how that goes. Maybe I can get some of your fish if it goes well.

Back
Top Bottom