Custom Tank Backgrounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sulla

Aquarium Advice Regular
PlasticPlants01Small.jpg

Well since I have had several people interested in this kind of concrete covered foam background I thought I would see about making some. So after thinking about the best way to do it I have come up with some ideas. I can do both complete backgrounds and I can also sell "rocks", "bricks" and shapes.

Product 1: "Bricks" "Rocks" etc - Shapes would come in LOTS of sizes. And could be siliconed together and to supports to make just about anyshape you can think of. Prices should be in the $5-$50ish range.

Product 2: Special Shapes - This would include faces, temple parts and more complex shapes. These would be used with product 1 to make complete backgrounds. Prices would be in $50-$200+ range depending on size and complexity.

Product 3. Custom Backgrounds - Custom backgrounds would include photoshop mockups and basicly can be anything we can dream up and I can figure out how to carve and or mold. Prices would start at $400 for smaller tanks.

So let me know what you are interested in and any thoughts on pricing etc and if there is any demand I will get going.

Thanks ziggy:) So does that mean you are interested in a product or that its just a good idea? ;)

Well I have a reef tank so it probably wouldn't work for me right now...I think it is a great idea and will certainly follow your progress!

Sorry didn't mean to cause the confusion. I've thought about doing something similar to a tank but haven't gotten around to trying it....

Its not a problem but just trying to figure out if any one wants any before I start making some:)

Oh and you should make some I really like the way it makes tanks look. More like an exibit at a museum of something:)

One just like I did on my big one with the same level of detail including cutouts for filters inlets and outlets, heaters etc, caves to move water around from side to side and front to back , large face, detailed mockup for aproval, supplies etc would probably run about $300ish.

The other option would be to buy "bricks" and "rocks" and would be much cheaper but would just not have the face.

Thats not to bad at all actually.. ill keep you in mind when i move to my 50 gallon.. i wanted to make something unique for this 29g when i move the bala's out.

Ok sounds good. And by then I might have even a better idea. If I can find a good deal on a 29g I might make a test one for myself.

Back
Top Bottom