Deploying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leahdanilalton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello....we live in DC and my husband is deploying to Iraq for six months and I plan on going back to my parent's house in IN. We have a 29 gallon FOWLR tank. Currtently in the tank I have one fiji devil damsel, 4 peppermint shrimp, 2 camel back shrimp, a handful of hermit crabs, a handful of margarita snails, 4 turbo snails, 1 chocolate chip star fish, and 1 brittle star, also at least 60 lbs+ of tonga and fiji rock. As you can guess we have to get rid of everything and fast. My husband just got orders two days ago and hes leaving in the middle of July. Our fish store said that they would give us a store credit for the stuff but seeing as when my husband gets back we will only have a year or so left at this station we would find it pointless to start up a new tank so the store credit would be useless to us unless we bought some dry good that we could take with us. So I would like to get rid of this stuff if there is someone near here that would want some of it. I'll give you a good deal.

Thanks
Leah

I wish your huspand luck in Iraq and im sorry to hear you cant take the tank with you to your parents house. Or had you not consitered that?

i dont know for sure but from DC to IN that is a long ways away. that would eb a great move and a lot of stress on the fish and the movers

I dont think so. You can get there in 8 hours probably. I have driven from VA to IN but I dont recall the time it took. I know we did it all in 1 day.

Fish can go into a 5 gal bucket with a lid and a battery powered airstone. ROck and corals can go in rubbermaid tubs filled with water tojust cover the rock. Same with the substrate.

It would be pointless to take it and have it set up for 6 months and then have to tear it down just to bring it back to DC wouldn't it? It takes about 9 hours sometimes a little more depending on how long it takes to get out of DC.

wouldnt you be happier if you took it?. me i would haul my tanks to my grave 8)

think about it this way the fish get shipped 1/2 way around the world and that takes like 20 hrs in plane. (14 hrs to korea) just making my point. i think they could make the same amount for the trip.

but its also how much work you are willing to put into this hobby. its your choice if you take it or not but personally id take it along.

or you could have a friend take care of them...

or just not move at all :)

Back
Top Bottom