Wanted: Duckweed and other floating plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daileene

Planted Tank Addict
Duckweed, water lettuce, salvinia minima, elodia, and/or other floating plant

I am hoping to get any floating plants you guys have. Am on a very tight budget so I can afford from free to $10 shipped...Thank you all so much in advance.

Sent from my N800 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
I have some duckweed and I will send as much as I can. Yo just need to pay for shipping which will depend on where you are. If you are interested message me.

I have some duckweed and I will send as much as I can. Yo just need to pay for shipping which will depend on where you are. If you are interested message me.

Thank you. PM sent...

Anybody have water lettuce or salvinia minima or elodea?

I'm going to stock up water lettuce in the summer if you can wait that long :)

Lol...I will still get some from this summer...just let me know. More water lettuce is awesome...:)

A few months ago I was tossing out a cupful of water lettuce ever 2-3 weeks. It was blocking too much light to the plants below. I recently gave away 90% of what I had. Then the few I had left appeared to have gone dormant. Not sure if it was the recent fertilizer switch (from Seachem Fluorish Comp to PPS-Pro). Slow growth, brown roots.

These are the same ones I put in my water feature in late spring and by midsummer they are 4-7" across.

Wow....if you need to get rid of some later, please let me know. Thanks...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391372304.458711.jpg

That's one stem just pulled from my tank. Has babies growing on dying leaves and emersed growth leaves.

OK well let me know. I have a bit I can give away. Shipping from Hawaii and will be about 2$

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

OK well let me know. I have a bit I can give away. Shipping from Hawaii and will be about 2$

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome okay. I have to wait a little bit. We're supposed to have a snowstorm again this week...but I'll PM you asap. Thank you.

View attachment 220295

That's one stem just pulled from my tank. Has babies growing on dying leaves and emersed growth leaves.

Do you still have the water sprite? And how do I private message on here? Sorry this is my first time trying to use this part of the forum.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do you still have the water sprite? And how do I private message on here? Sorry this is my first time trying to use this part of the forum.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi. Click the member's name and it should give you the view profile, private message, and others options...welcome to AA..:)

Hi. Click the member's name and it should give you the view profile, private message, and others options...welcome to AA..:)

I have some Salvinia Minima, just gave away the month's over growth amount, but normally have tons. PM me in about a month and I will have more. Also I have a friend who might want to share some. Don't get to see her too often but she usually has tankfuls!!! She doesn't like to ship things though, or she could send it to you directly.

If you don't get any before that, just PM me to remind me!
Carol /Autumnsky

I have some Salvinia Minima, just gave away the month's over growth amount, but normally have tons. PM me in about a month and I will have more. Also I have a friend who might want to share some. Don't get to see her too often but she usually has tankfuls!!! She doesn't like to ship things though, or she could send it to you directly.

Carol /Autumnsky

Thank you so much. I definitely will. I love salvinia minima....for now I got some duckweed and hornwort. But that's about it. Thank you so much for telling me. :)

Thank you so much. I definitely will. I love salvinia minima....for now I got some duckweed and hornwort. But that's about it. Thank you so much for telling me. :)

Carol /Autumnsky

Hi...pmed you. I hope am not too late if there's still salvinia minima left..Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom