Wanted: Endlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smoked

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking for Endlers. Would like N class but not very important. Main thing is a strain that has not been messed with or set yet. As close to wild as possible, looking to see what I can develop out if them without anyone else influence. I'm in elpaso tx

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403800158.986212.jpgi have a bunch of red chili endlers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have several tanks full of endler's, random mix of whatever has bred/survived numerous cullings (sweep a net through and toss some into a cichlid tank) to control their numbers over several years. I've seen peacock, black bars, and even a few blondes turn up among them. Never bothered separating any but the blondes to line breed, and ended up using their tank to grow out cichlid fry so they went down when the cichlids grew out.

I know about swamp river. All of those are line breed I don't not want that. Looking for untouched endlers.

Todd do u have pics?

Really?! I didn't know that. Thanks the info. How'd you find that out by the way?
I have three mollies from him. One nice looking green sailfin and Molly and female green sail fin Molly and also another one that he said to be a Buterly.

Don't get me wrong swamp river is grate. If he says the are pure then they are. He has been in the hobby for a long time. By line breed I mean that they are breed for the specific color pattern they are. They are not allowed to breed at will. It's like the color and patterns are set they breed true.

I have actually looked into getting some from Adrian and still might. But currently I'm looking for something a little more wild and not specifically breed to archive certain color or patterns.

Am i confuse or are you confused? You know that alot of the endlers sold by adrianHD were originally collected in the wild? They are not bred to look that way. They look exactly like what they looked like when they are collected in the wild. These are not lines he created, only lines he maintained.

So i dont understand what you mean by closer to wild. They are what they look like in the wild. If u go to the spot where they were collected you will find ones that looks exactly like them. He specify which ones are wild type and which ones are strains he developed...

Try to keep this nice but don't tell me I'm confused. I know they are from the wild and that he maintains them. I know a lot about what he does. But they don't have a set color or pattern in the wild they vary with every individual fish. They don't all come out looking the same. There had to be some sort of selective breeding for the fish to have almost the same colors and markings. It don't work like that. Read some research papers on it. Lol nvm this is getting off topic I was looking for specific kind of fish and now it's a debate. Please close this thread I will look elsewhere

Why is this showing up but not on the forum app?

Am i confuse or are you confused? You know all the N class endlers sold by adrianHD were originally collected in the wild? They are not bred to look that way. They look exactly like what they looked like when they are collected in the wild. These are not lines he created, only lines he maintained.

So i dont understand what you mean by closer to wild. They are what they look like in the wild. If u go to the spot where they were collected you will find ones that looks exactly like them. Thats why they are call N class...

(Class N): Any Endler's Livebearer (and progeny) that can be shown to have originated from their native waters in Venezuela will be considered a 'Class N' Endler.
(Class K):The progeny of any Endler's Livebearer crossed with any other livebearer or any Hybrid strain will be considered a 'Class K' Endler.
(Class P)Class P: Any fish of unknown origin but appearing to be an Endler's Livebearer based on the characteristics of size, shape and color will be considered a 'Class P' Endler.

Does not state it has to look a certain way. Only says that "show to have originated from native waters". You can pull a fish out of native habitat and the very first captive breed offspring can look totally different than the parents. They do not have to look a certain way. If you document 100 generations with prof that you originally took the first fish from their native habitat and every generation has some kind of change then they could be considered N class as well without looking like the original.

Most recent collection was in 2006. You can not tell me that in 8 years being tank breed the strain has not changed at all. Their are countless research papers done on the evolution of both guppies and endlers and how quick depending on the situation and environment they mutate and change. In just a few years.

Dear SnowRider,

aluka has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Wanted: Endlers - in the Classifieds forum of Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community.

This thread is located at:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f25/endlers-312488-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Am i confuse or are you confused? You know all the N class endlers sold by adrianHD were originally collected in the wild? They are not bred to look that way. They look exactly like what they looked like when they are collected in the wild. These are not lines he created, only lines he maintained.

So i dont understand what you mean by closer to wild. They are what they look like in the wild. If u go to the spot where they were collected you will find ones that looks exactly like them. Thats why they are call N class...

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unsubscription information:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit this page:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...=826279&auth=691b65c3ebd52831c555583f81a2dce0

To unsubscribe from ALL threads, please visit this page:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

Back
Top Bottom